GEN 1 Dash lights go crazy under hard acceleration ...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandfreak520

Reaction score
Hey guys I was driving my raptor today and gave it a hard acceleration and the advance Trac light started flashing the check braking system light came on the 4x2 light all came on then the entire dash and stereo blanked out and came back on ..? If I just drive normal it’s fine......? But soon as I mash the throttle the gauge cluster an stereo go crazy like Xmas tree.....? It usually starts with the 4x2 logo shows up then they all start going on and off the warning bing noise starts going off no codes no engine light any help would be great thx

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body Control Module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. It’s in the kick panel on the passenger side. Looks like a fuse block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check battery, weak battery can do stupid stuff like that.

Also check all battery to starter connections for loose terminal connections.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, the bcm is the entire fuse box assembly in the passenger side kick panel. i had a gen 1 come in with other issues, but similiar with lots of things not working. turned out that vibrations under hard acceleration and offroading were causing connection issues due to solder connections going bad.

OP
OP
Sandfreak520

Sandfreak520

Reaction score
Thanks guys plan to check battery and starter connections before dropping the money on the bcm will keep you posted later this weekend when I can diagnose it hopefully!