Damn!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bed has nicked the cab in that same spot before. Nothing nearly as drastic as that, but it has happened to my Raptor and Raptorguy21's old Raptor when we went out desert running/hitting jumps together. We both have little nicks in our paint there maybe 1/2 the size of a BB.

BDRAG; said:
Somebody go follow him down the road and see if its doing the chevy 3/4 side step. Ya know when ya can see the whole side of the truck from behind because its driving 15 degrees sideways! HAhahaaaaaaa. DAMN!

:)
Your posts make me smile, BDRAG.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Well thank you young man. It means I am gettin through! AHhahaaaaaaa. I also type like I talk. Go figger! AHhahaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well thank you young man. It means I am gettin through! AHhahaaaaaaa. I also type like I talk. Go figger! AHhahaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

In that case, I think its time I give you a new User Title...... lemme know what you think.....

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

BDRAG

press the Quote button to directly reply to someone's post like this

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDRAG;
Somebody go follow him down the road and see if its doing the chevy 3/4 side step. Ya know when ya can see the whole side of the truck from behind because its driving 15 degrees sideways! HAhahaaaaaaa. DAMN!

It's Called "Crabbing" Bro!

And any truck with a axle being held on by U-bolts can have this happen,it don't matter what the brand....ANY of the big 3 can have this problem,We seen it a lot in the Mud,i think being Snatched out is the reason...pulling from one side some times...Racks the frame and axle...

in most cases i seen a simple Adjustment would fix it,just loosen the u-bolts and Re-center the Axle...Torque to spec's

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
It's Called "Crabbing" Bro!

And any truck with a axle being held on by U-bolts can have this happen,it don't matter what the brand....ANY of the big 3 can have this problem,We seen it a lot in the Mud,i think being Snatched out is the reason...pulling from one side some times...Racks the frame and axle...

in most cases i seen a simple Adjustment would fix it,just loosen the u-bolts and Re-center the Axle...Torque to spec's

Yup - and in typical solid axle trucks, if you don't extend the steering cross link when installing a 'budget' lift kit - the front axle will sit 1-2" to the right after the install.

As for many of the other posts on this thread - that jump was hit all wrong. Sure it was a good hill - but one that causes severe angle on take-off should not be used at high speeds unless you want to break something! As for bent? His "chevy 4 point turn around" suggests he was either nervous, or the steering ain't behaving like normal. Power steering pump was wailing (I've made mine do it once or twice), and I'm guessing the tire slam into the wheelwell may have caused some carnage with the plastic fender interior...
Although, imo, clearing out the ribs on the fender interior would make it a helluva lot easier to clean the mud out...

Mark70980

I almost barrel rolled my Raptor on Youtube
Reaction score
Alas all I am here!!! The proud owner of that crappy jump, the landing hurt. I hit my head on the drivers side window. Getting a quote to fix the little dent. Getting in aligned and looked at on friday. I completly agree on the stupidity and it wont happen again in my truck. Drives just fine except for the steering wheel being off a few degrees and I know I got lucky that I didn't die or worse, total my truck. Whine was there before, happens whenever I go offroading and goes away by the time i'm on pavement to drive home.

The story:

Sooo my buddy and I go out at least once a week during our lunch to get our trucks dirty. One day of exploring we find this jump and we decide we must go back and see what the raptor can do. Jumped it about 5 times before he got out and recorded it. Every time the passenger side got a little higher than the drivers. The ramp is higher on that side. The first video he got discusted me, the jump felt good like all our others but the drivers side was only 8 inches or so off the ground...not good enough at all! The passenger side was a little higher but hard to tell with his video. Soooo I said "F*** that, ima hit it a little faster! First video was at 50mph, yall see the 60mph one lol. I thought I was done before I even left the ground. When it dipped down, rear tires spun and then felt the shocks load up at the bottom and then "Oh SH**!!!" I thought I was going to land on my door. Even through the drive back to the camera guy I though my truck was leaning to that side, prolly cause of hitting my head on the window. These trucks are tuff but nothing is indestructable. I say again, it will never happen again haha.

I still don't know if anything major is messed up or not but all seems fine. Will get the price to fix the dent tomorrow, i'm guessing about 2 grand. Getting in aligned on friday and also gonna look at it while on the lift. My fingers are crossed. The truck is payed in full but I still work for a living too. Payed for it deploying to Iraq as a civilian contractor, rest of the "Iraq money" is invested so repairs if needed will hurt.

At least I know now first hand what my raptor can do and I would do it again in a heart beat if I knew the outcome would be the same. But it wont happen again lol.

Mark70980

I almost barrel rolled my Raptor on Youtube
Reaction score
Yup - and in typical solid axle trucks, if you don't extend the steering cross link when installing a 'budget' lift kit - the front axle will sit 1-2" to the right after the install.

As for many of the other posts on this thread - that jump was hit all wrong. Sure it was a good hill - but one that causes severe angle on take-off should not be used at high speeds unless you want to break something! As for bent? His "chevy 4 point turn around" suggests he was either nervous, or the steering ain't behaving like normal. Power steering pump was wailing (I've made mine do it once or twice), and I'm guessing the tire slam into the wheelwell may have caused some carnage with the plastic fender interior...
Although, imo, clearing out the ribs on the fender interior would make it a helluva lot easier to clean the mud out...

Yes I was all sorts of disorientedand actualy shaking when I stopped to turn around. I thought my truck was F***ed. I think I got lucky and gained some much needed offroad experiance.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
WELCOME! Sometimes you have to learn the hard way.lol
Could have been worse.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Welcome Mark!
Yes, I think we all agree you got lucky, but at least now you know the limit on that jump is 50 :)
At any rate, you can consider your truck as 'broken in' now - welcome to the club!