Dam near lost my finger...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jarrett,

Sorry to hear about your finger, that kind of stuff is always going thru my mind as I do all the crazy $h!T I do. So to cheer you up, some personal misery.

Thursday I am on the Forklift, Noah is up top as we are dismantling a portion of that oversized Steel Mez in Suite B. We had already successfully removed a dozen or so of the 150Lb cross beams, usually two at a time using the top hoop of the forklift. This time we were only doing one and it got away from Noah. It hits the fire sprinklr on the way down and crashes next to me. I dive off the fork lift while it is still in gear afraid the back end is going to bounce up and take me out. It ended up hanging on the end of the sprinkler precariously. So water everywhere, alarm bells at maximum. I jump back in and throw it into park then shut off just as it is backing into the main support beam.

After we got the water shut off and the fire dept left I snapped a couple pics.
I can show mine - no blood - just a lot of water
IMAG0819.jpg
IMAG0818.jpg

Here I am next day, up on the lift with 2000Lb Beam - used the MacTieDown endless Ratchet straps that I got for the failed 37" tire under the Raptor compression test. I was on the fork like that for a good 10 minutes, re-doing the Fire Sprinkler supports and strapping up the beam.
IMAG0846.jpg

Then Friday at Rental property - more good news
IMAG0949.jpg
IMAG0942.jpg
$8000 I knew about on Thursday. $15,000 more damage under slab of home I found out on Friday. Ouch, like another (3rd) kid in college!

And Finally, we had to open up the drywall and remove the wet insulation. Needed to get the 12' sheet of 5/8 drywall to work.

RPG Construction Truck!
IMAG0951.jpg

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh Shit,

Well at least you had a fun weekend as well.

That story is just to funny.

J

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Oh Jarret what am I going to do with you ?
First - you are banned from power tools and the shop.
So the size was too big ? Why didn't you move the fence in on the table saw ? Oh spinning blade, get rid of that. Just fly me out to finish the kitchen !

Glad it was not worse. You are a good guy, you seem to have a dark cloud following you. Be very careful.

I bet it was that pink tapemeasure of your wife. Hey your wife won't be giving you a hard time to finish any more home improvement projects for a while. If she does just hold up that finger and say "really hun". Nuff said

Lil J. I would not joke with you if I did not like you. You are a good guy, you scare me, but you are a good guy

Last edited:

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here I am next day, up on the lift with 2000Lb Beam - used the MacTieDown endless Ratchet straps that I got for the failed 37" tire under the Raptor compression test. I was on the fork like that for a good 10 minutes, re-doing the Fire Sprinkler supports and strapping up the beam.
IMAG0846.jpg

You can expect a visited from Cal/OSHA!

Last edited: