CV leaking? Hmm, any idea? Pics inside 12k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give it a rest already.. We get it. Enjoy your weekend. I keep getting the emails on this thread and it’s more annoying then ever.
Apparently you don’t “get it”. Nobody wants to hear your sob story of how someone other than yourself is responsible for the damage caused by your modifications. Grow up and take accountability for your own actions.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
Apparently you don’t “get it”. Nobody wants to hear your sob story of how someone other than yourself is responsible for the damage caused by your modifications. Grow up and take accountability for your own actions.
You just don’t know how to keep your mouth closed. LOL

You didn’t see my comment that I’ve agreed to taking it in as is. If they cover great. If not that’s fine.

This is the internet . Everyone’s just trying to enjoy themselves.

Then we have you for example. Mr. Im always right. Most likely single or divorced due to your mouth, very little friends, poor negative attitude. Daddy issues or not enough attention growing up.

You’re the guy that opens his mouth and everyone around you just agrees, hoping you just keep quiet.

Your comments are wayyy too much. If you learn to read the room, I’m sure you’d be a more POSITIVE person.

If you’re going through something and this thread triggered you some how, I’ll just delete this thread. Lmk.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the modification minor? Yes, it added preload, so it changed where ride height is, it did not add additional travel nor shift the travel (like a leveling kit/spacer on top of the coilover). The cv axle may not have even spun very much unless you run around in 4 auto or 4x4 much. So there is a chance that the leak is not caused by the preload collar. The leak could have been created during the install though. Say, for instance, if they didn’t take the axle nut off and could have over extended it/tore it. Have you checked to see what is actually going on yet?

Should it be covered by warranty given the above? In my opinion, no, whether or not the mod caused it, you can be certain, so benefit of doubt isn’t there. I certainly wouldn’t take a mod off and take it in to try and get it covered, tune would be excluded to that, but that is due the chance that the dealer might flash the truck while it is there.

For fun, let’s set aside the ethics for a minute and discuss some details.

If you were to remove the mod, you are either:
A- paying someone to remove it, possibly align it, hoping to get an axle covered on warranty, then presumably paying someone to redo it all again. The axle is $250, how much is labor to take care of that??

B- you are doing it yourself. In that case just pull the axle, repack the inner joint and put a new boot on it. Or just install a new axle assembly.

that is my 2 cents
I’m pretty sure the front axles/cv’s spin when in 2wd. But I agree, I wonder why OP hasn’t actually looked to see where the grease is coming from. Genuinely interested and I’m betting that loose clip tore the boot.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With that collar bolt sticking out where the clip is supposed to mount, I think it was never installed from the addition of the collars.
It’s crazy, you can’t just buy the clip which is zip tied to the wire, you get the solenoid and wire. 400+ dollars for a 50 cent part.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just don’t know how to keep your mouth closed. LOL
Says the guy who started a thread asking how to commit warranty fraud. I suggest you take your own advice. LOL!
You didn’t see my comment that I’ve agreed to taking it in as is. If they cover great. If not that’s fine.
It’s not warranty, so unless you’re planning on paying the dealer to fix it, you’re putting them in the position to submit a fraudulent claim to try and keep you happy.
This is the internet . Everyone’s just trying to enjoy themselves.

Then we have you for example. Mr. Im always right. Most likely single or divorced due to your mouth, very little friends, poor negative attitude. Daddy issues or not enough attention growing up.

You’re the guy that opens his mouth and everyone around you just agrees, hoping you just keep quiet.

Your comments are wayyy too much. If you learn to read the room, I’m sure you’d be a more POSITIVE person.

If you’re going through something and this thread triggered you some how, I’ll just delete this thread. Lmk.
So many baseless accusations and insults! You are so losing your mind because you can’t deal with the consequences of your own actions.

You’re a guy who can’t change his own oil, so you don’t know what to do when you’ve paid someone to modify your truck and then it has an issue. Many people in here have explained to you countless times that you are responsible for the failure and you need to man up and pay for the repair like an adult. Instead, you’re going to try and convince the dealer to fraudulently submit it under warranty so you can avoid the responsibility and cost of fixing it yourself. Amazing how immature you are that you think someone else is always responsible for your self induced problems.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the front axles/cv’s spin when in 2wd. But I agree, I wonder why OP hasn’t actually looked to see where the grease is coming from. Genuinely interested and I’m betting that loose clip tore the boot.
I went under and checked. The boot isn’t torn. Crazy.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
Says the guy who started a thread asking how to commit warranty fraud. I suggest you take your own advice. LOL!

It’s not warranty, so unless you’re planning on paying the dealer to fix it, you’re putting them in the position to submit a fraudulent claim to try and keep you happy.

So many baseless accusations and insults! You are so losing your mind because you can’t deal with the consequences of your own actions.

You’re a guy who can’t change his own oil, so you don’t know what to do when you’ve paid someone to modify your truck and then it has an issue. Many people in here have explained to you countless times that you are responsible for the failure and you need to man up and pay for the repair like an adult. Instead, you’re going to try and convince the dealer to fraudulently submit it under warranty so you can avoid the responsibility and cost of fixing it yourself. Amazing how immature you are that you think someone else is always responsible for your self induced problems.
“Mr. Table for 1”, back at it again folks!

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went under and checked. The boot isn’t torn. Crazy.
I had a CV leaking from the end where the clamps are. Changed the clamp multiple times and it would end up leaking or slipping off again. Got so fed up I ended up replacing the entire axle. Needless to say it solved the issue.