CV leaking? Hmm, any idea? Pics inside 12k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here comes the Ford hall monitor again folks… What are you the Forum police for Ford? Did Farley hire you to you monitor the forums?

Your defense tactics and hard on for big ole blue is so lame.
Amazing how narrow minded you are that you think this only applies to “Ford”. The laws and policies apply to any product with a warranty.

Sorry you’re too immature to handle the facts and take accountability for your own actions. You’re a cry baby who thinks somebody else should be responsible to fix your self induced problems. You sound like a spoiled child.

Try reading your warranty policy, if you can. It’s all clearly explained. The fact that you think fraud is acceptable speaks volumes about your character.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id hate for that mug to be the guy looking at my truck. Nothings warranty, could not duplicate anything, operating as normal.
It’s not that complicated. You modded your truck and mods caused a failure. Get over it guy.

But instead you want to come on here trying to get advice on committing fraud by removing your mods and taking it in to try and get someone else to pay for your self included problems. Nobody is responsible for that but you, man up and take accountability for your own actions instead of acting like the world owes you something.

People like you are the reason many dealers are hesitant to even look at modded vehicles, they’re the one on the hook if that axle goes back to Ford and they get a charge back for it, never mind an audit. But you don’t care about anyone but yourself, you’ve made that obvious.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
It’s not that complicated. You modded your truck and mods caused a failure. Get over it guy.

But instead you want to come on here trying to get advice on committing fraud by removing your mods and taking it in to try and get someone else to pay for your self included problems. Nobody is responsible for that but you, man up and take accountability for your own actions instead of acting like the world owes you something.

People like you are the reason many dealers are hesitant to even look at modded vehicles, they’re the one on the hook if that axle goes back to Ford and they get a charge back for it, never mind an audit. But you don’t care about anyone but yourself, you’ve made that obvious.
Stealership didn’t honor price protection after waiting a year for my truck. Who screwed who again? I have no problem ******** them over

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the modification minor? Yes, it added preload, so it changed where ride height is, it did not add additional travel nor shift the travel (like a leveling kit/spacer on top of the coilover). The cv axle may not have even spun very much unless you run around in 4 auto or 4x4 much. So there is a chance that the leak is not caused by the preload collar. The leak could have been created during the install though. Say, for instance, if they didn’t take the axle nut off and could have over extended it/tore it. Have you checked to see what is actually going on yet?

Should it be covered by warranty given the above? In my opinion, no, whether or not the mod caused it, you can be certain, so benefit of doubt isn’t there. I certainly wouldn’t take a mod off and take it in to try and get it covered, tune would be excluded to that, but that is due the chance that the dealer might flash the truck while it is there.

For fun, let’s set aside the ethics for a minute and discuss some details.

If you were to remove the mod, you are either:
A- paying someone to remove it, possibly align it, hoping to get an axle covered on warranty, then presumably paying someone to redo it all again. The axle is $250, how much is labor to take care of that??

B- you are doing it yourself. In that case just pull the axle, repack the inner joint and put a new boot on it. Or just install a new axle assembly.

that is my 2 cents

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t see grease splatter like that unless the CV has been spinning while the hole is there. It’s thick stuff so it doesn’t just leak out. It is possible the dangling clip rubbed through the thing. They do like to break off, but that one doesn’t look broken. Was it removed because it gets in the way of the collar? If I’m not mistaken the collars require it to be removed and it would be 100% on you to properly relocate it. Bellows do look like they are rubbing a little, but I would expect that to cause failure after more miles. Something something and find out…

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazing how narrow minded you are that you think this only applies to “Ford”. The laws and policies apply to any product with a warranty.

Sorry you’re too immature to handle the facts and take accountability for your own actions. You’re a cry baby who thinks somebody else should be responsible to fix your self induced problems. You sound like a spoiled child.

Try reading your warranty policy, if you can. It’s all clearly explained. The fact that you think fraud is acceptable speaks volumes about your character.
Ookayyy Mr. Farley - I didn’t even bother to read past your first sentence this time. :rolleyes:

You are clearly a guy with white new balances that gets butt hurt all too often over the simplest things.

OP probably doesn’t even want (or need) you in this thread lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ookayyy Mr. Farley - I didn’t even bother to read past your first sentence this time. :rolleyes:

You are clearly a guy with white new balances that gets butt hurt all too often over the simplest things.

OP probably doesn’t even want (or need) you in this thread lol
Obviously you don’t bother to read much of anything; reading and comprehension are clearly not your strong suits.

You’re literally arguing against published policies and laws; you’re so self absorbed and entitled that you think they don’t apply to you. You’re upset that I’ve explained what a warranty covers because you think you’re above that, and the rest of society should be held financially responsible for whatever you decide to hack up.

You’re the guy who created a thread on a “10R80 recall” that doesn’t exist. Then you got angry when I called you on it. You need to get a life guy, forums are to help people and provide information, not spread fabricated fallacies. Which is apparently your specialty.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what is wrong with the world today…everyone is looking to place blame somewhere else.
Exactly. Being responsible and accountable for your own actions is apparently a thing of the past, especially for certain individuals in this thread.

I’ve modded many of my vehicles over the years, some extensively. Yet the last thing I ever considered was trying to get someone else to pay for the resulting issues.

OP
OP
M

MyLord

Reaction score
Exactly. Being responsible and accountable for your own actions is apparently a thing of the past, especially for certain individuals in this thread.

I’ve modded many of my vehicles over the years, some extensively. Yet the last thing I ever considered was trying to get someone else to pay for the resulting issues.
Give it a rest already.. We get it. Enjoy your weekend. I keep getting the emails on this thread and it’s more annoying then ever.