Leaking Fluid Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Degenerates,

My ‘23 began leaking fluid from the pictured hole in the undercarriage. I am far from being an automotive mechanic so I am reaching out to the experts for help.

There appears to be 7-10 drops accumulating overnight, symptoms slow with prolonged periods of the engine not running. Is this oil? And what is this access point for in the skid, I’ve not seen it in the daylight yet so haven’t had a good look. Media similar to oil in consistency, but dark like used oil. Truck has 9,000 miles, and has had oil changes at 1,000 and 5,000 miles, due for the next at 10,000.

Any help is appreciated.IMG_3028.jpeg

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s the drain hole for your filter when you change it. You remove the access hatch. But oil falls straight down and there is a channel that makes any oil that spills come out that exact hole.

Who ever changed your oil prolly didn’t clean up. But. You may want to double check your filter is t loose and leaking.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've had the oil changed, most likely this is just residual oil from the filter replacement.
That opening is where the filter drip pan oil flows out from to your oil collection pan.

Try to clean the entire drip pan with brake clean and see if it reappears. You will need to remove the small skid plate to spray the entire area.

R,
HAP

OP
OP
DFS

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all, I’ll check that oil filter is properly seated. Didn’t leak until recently and previous oil change was about 6 months ago. I’ll dig in more tomorrow with sunlight.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d remove all of the skids and then place a large piece of cardboard underneath it for a few nights in a row. Make sure the cardboard is in the same spot each night. If you have a leak, it will show up on the cardboard and with the skid removed it has less chance of running down to a lower point. In other words, you should be better able to pin point the where the leak is originating from. Removing all of the skids anyway will help you get a better visual.