Leaking Radiator Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c Wilson

Reaction score
2017 Gen 2 with 100k miles. Noticed Orange fluid under my truck on my garage floor, about the size of a dinner plate. Radiator fluid reservoir has fluid in it but it is significantly below the minimum line and has been decreasing. All hoses under the hood look to be in place and no sign of leak around the water pump or any hoses going to or from radiator or reservoir upon my inspection. When underneath the truck I removed the skid plate and the silver plate more posterior to that one to visualize the leak better. I dried off all visible leaks and after no more than 10 seconds began to see radiator fluid leak again solely from pictured location. I am no truck guru but is this a cracked engine block? If so I know this is bad and if anyone has an approximate price cost or a differing opinion I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you as always.

-ColinIMG_4522.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Double-check the area around and under the "goosneck" where the engine thermostat is housed. Mine leaked there because there was a little corrosion on the gooseneck that prevented a good pressure seal between it and the hose.

I think that a crack in the reservoir or radiator is more likely than a cracked block. Both are pressurized, of course, and as the engine comes up to temp the pressure builds in those two components. As the reservoir is plastic, I'd check it first and also check where the hoses attach for good seals.

You will not get good engine cooling with a cooling system that can't hold pressure. This is a top priority problem to solve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20