Custom tune guidance...!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NGAUGE TUNER ORDERED! Who do I go to for my custom? MPT? JDM? Goose? Does nGauge support all these, OR do they all support nGauge?

I like an AGGRESSIVE tune. I'm in UT and we have 91oct. I'll be adding more bolt-on mods as the months click by, so I need a tune to which I can have changes added....

HELP!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run JDM and love it, switched over from 5star, but they dont use the Ngauge, they use the SCT.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NGAUGE TUNER ORDERED! Who do I go to for my custom? MPT? JDM? Goose? Does nGauge support all these, OR do they all support nGauge?

I like an AGGRESSIVE tune. I'm in UT and we have 91oct. I'll be adding more bolt-on mods as the months click by, so I need a tune to which I can have changes added....

HELP!

Most bolt on modifications to gen 2 Raptors do not require retuning, really only Intercoolers that remove shutters or catch cans that throw codes.

I cannot speak for the ngauge, but the SCT device we offer does allow for tire size, gear ratio changes, and TPMS changes and functions as a gauge pod as well if youd like.

The most common feedback I am getting from most customers so far seems to be our tune makes the truck feel like a bipolar Lincoln.

Its honestly tame crusing around town, but if you mash the throttle it drops gears fast to light the turbos and hold the powerband. You can hear in a few videos from customers flooring the truck from a stop chirping the tires on a 1-2 shift and sometimes a 2-3.

91 isnt an issue for us to tune as well.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go w/ a tune that addresses engine/air/fuel mapping AND tranny programming- I wouldn’t waste a dime on a tune that doesn’t touch the tranny....& a number of companies fall into the category so do your research- as far as I know MPT, 5star, Gearhead, MPT & JDM do alter tranny programming.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jlt catch can doesn’t throw codes. I went with Cobb and a custom tune from goosetuned, very happy.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3rd gear wheelspin in a truck like thi
@xrocket21 - in your vid's from the track, that looks like an NGauge tuner stuck to your windshield?!?!?

I had it for a 5 Star Tune previously. Now I just use it for the gauges and datalogging.

I have considered using on my wifes explorer sport to tune it since it has the ecoboost.

Last edited: