Custom tune guidance...!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twelvesecsst

Reaction score
@twelvesecsst - which tuner are you running? Goose has trans tuning, yeah?

I’m running the Cobb Accessport. Ordered directly through goose with the custom tune as a package deal. Once you get it, you do some data logging runs and goose will fine tune the programming for your specific truck and conditions.

No trans tuning since it’s a Cobb Base, but honestly I don’t have any issues with the trans shifting too harshly or too soon. I’m sure there’s fine tuning with the trans to be had and Cobb is working it, but the truck runs great and fast.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be with Whipple if it wasn’t for the difficulty of going back to your stock tune, I’m pretty sure that is the Ford performance tune . I think the nest next best thing is JDM I believe they stick with Fords performance Engineered guidelines. That’s the one I’m using. I have over 3500 miles on it with no problems runs great I monitor it every day in the gauges and data log section of my SCT hand device The Sct device is a well tested hand tuner that holds your original stock tune.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d be with Whipple if it wasn’t for the difficulty of going back to your stock tune, I’m pretty sure that is the Ford performance tune . I think the nest next best thing is JDM I believe they stick with Fords performance Engineered guidelines. That’s the one I’m using. I have over 3500 miles on it with no problems runs great I monitor it every day in the gauges and data log section of my SCT hand device The Sct device is a well tested hand tuner that holds your original stock tune.
No such thing as Ford Performance tune. You need to do your home work.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done my homework, trust me , it’s the whipple tune. The Shelby Baha raptor , whipple tune. Ford performance worked with whipple.
That’s why Ford performance never released.

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT all the way. Have had Cobb on other Focus RS and MPT is way better and unbelievable in performance gains. Actually have to be careful when road gets wet or you risk spinning out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc