Crazy Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you posted about this. I’ve had my truck since May, and other than the passenger door IA not working, the truck has been flawless.

Last week, the right mirror did exactly the same thing, didn’t really think twice about it. Then this week, the left.

I have to have the dealer look at the passenger IA. Been putting it off, cause service has not been great last few times I’ve been there. But, I’ll suck it up and go soon, and have them investigate the mirror issue as well.

Hoping a BCM reset is all both problems need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is a passenger door IA?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This happens to me , every time I come home, my dog wags his tail to the same rhythm until I pet her .

FGHT ON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens to my '17 every now and then. The few times it stays in an incorrect position I just hit the memory button and it's all good. Thankfully I've never had any other issues w her and I only trust one high-end private shop to touch my autos so have just dealt with it.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although mine is a Gen 1, it would do the same thing. I would take the ground cable off of the battery for 10-15 seconds. Long enough to reset everything. Unfortunately you have to also reset your seat settings.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Hey fellow members, is any of this going on with any of your raptor mirrors? I have set the memory buttons, 12 and three and then did the whole lock and unlock thing with the fob to make sure that it was set but I’m still getting these possessed mirrors when I walk up to the truck and unlock it. Does anybody have any clue what this is, Goes away as soon as I hit the start button

It's happened to mine a few times.

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
After reading this article this morning, I pulled my truck out of the garage for a wash and my truck driver's side mirror did exactly the same thing this morning. It stopped in upper position so had to reset....WTF