Power Mirrors Malfunctioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daytona1783

Reaction score
My power fold mirrors are acting up, especially the driver's side. They reach the full open and close positions at different times, and randomly the passenger side mirror will not open. The driver's side mirror also sits a little past the detent when opened, and it is noticeable because it doesn't align properly with the base.

I followed Ford's realignment procedure by opening and closing them three times after manually folding them in from the out position. Any suggestions? On my last F-150, the mirrors started acting up when the battery was close to the end of its life, but that wouldn't explain the misalignment on the driver's side.

Thanks.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you washed it lately? Mine have only ever acted up in winter when the ice gets into the joint and restricts motion.

OP
OP
D

daytona1783

Reaction score
Yes, it gets washed every other week. I checked the joint and nothing is there. Thanks for the suggestion.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So mines open and close at different times. I thought it was strange at first and ignored it. I didn’t know it was an issue…now you have me curious. I’m going to try the realignment procedure and see if that fixes my issue.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s normal for them to open close at slightly different rates; it’s in the Owners Manual. As far as a mirror not operating or overextending, start with scanning for DTCs in the DDM and PDM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter