Coolant Leak? Driver Side Pipe Bubbling Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Hoping to gain some information regarding an issue that Im having on my 2019 SCREW with 22k miles. The issue presents after a 1600 mile round trip road trip. I had noticed this pipe was slightly wet many weeks ago, but never a coolant leak or any noise. Now on the first cold start after the road trip im hearing a significant bubbling noise coming from a pipe under the driver side front door. I recorded a video that shows the exact problem. I had topped off all fluids before the road trip and now my coolant is just below the minimum. The truck shows no dashboard lights and drives fine.

Attachments

• IMG_9999.mov
    4.6 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it topped off around 3k miles ago and today when i noticed this issue i took this photo @FordTechOne . Thanks for chiming in. What else can I do to check? Have an appointment with the dealer this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its water/condensation coming from that elbow joint not being fully seated? Would it be normal to use up that much coolant considering i just returned from a road trip?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it topped off around 3k miles ago and today when i noticed this issue i took this photo @FordTechOne . Thanks for chiming in. What else can I do to check? Have an appointment with the dealer this weekend.
Are you checking the level with the engine cold? Just keep it within range until you can get it in for service.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bet it’s coolant. That would be considerable condensation to be dripping out of an exhaust pipe vs coolant. But I don’t claim to be a Ford mechanic and I haven’t played one on tv. Keep us posted on the diagnosis brother.