Coolant Leak? Driver Side Pipe Bubbling Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean not to be funny , but stick your finger in the puddle and smell it ,its pro just water .coolant smells like maple syrup
My bet it’s coolant. That would be considerable condensation to be dripping out of an exhaust pipe vs coolant. But I don’t claim to be a Ford mechanic and I haven’t played one on tv. Keep us posted on the diagnosis brother.
I did dab my finger in it and there is no smells and is a clear fluid consistent with water. Doesn't leave a puddle or anything for me to look at.

Are you checking the level with the engine cold? Just keep it within range until you can get it in for service.
I check the coolant level again hours later and still the same.

No way should I use up that much coolant on a 2400 mile journey, right?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does the same.

A byproduct of combustion is condensation. Probably a bit of water in the exhaust also.

Take a whiff of it.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same.

A byproduct of combustion is condensation. Probably a bit of water in the exhaust also.

Take a whiff of it.
Has no smell at all. Yours is as significant as mine shown in the video? If its condensation then there seems to be something else going on that Im not seeing because my coolant level is still low. Doesn't make sense :rolleyes:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine does the same.

Take a whiff of it.
He did tell me it’s on cold start up only. I thought it was consistent on a hot motor too and that would be bad. Maybe his exhaust isn’t sealed as good and drips, instead of steaming out the exhaust pipes.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did tell me it’s on cold start up only. I thought it was consistent on a hot motor too and that would be bad. Maybe his exhaust isn’t sealed as good and drips, instead of steaming out the exhaust pipes.
yup^^. I haven't driven it far but i did drive a few blocks and noticed it wasn't spewing out as in the video but it was still wet in the same area. The noise went away after driving. Coolant still low though.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has no smell at all. Yours is as significant as mine shown in the video? If its condensation then there seems to be something else going on that Im not seeing because my coolant level is still low. Doesn't make sense :rolleyes:
Yes mine is about the same as yours even now it’s winter up here - today was about 30