Cold outside, very loud and rough clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irvin Mendez

Reaction score
Got a call tonight and they stated that I was getting a brand new transmission installed and I asked if that included the torque converter and he replied yes.

Should be delivered Monday and possibility get my vehicle back on Wednesday.

I asked what happened and he said the internals of the transmission fell apart.

I'm going to try and get some better answers than it was bad.

Does this hurt the value of the vehicle? Don't see why since it's a new transmission and not a rebuilt one but what do I know.

I have never ever done donuts, burnouts, jumps, sand running and my 4 wheeling is limited to Mark Twain Forest roads.

Must have been a defect from the factory I suppose.

damn that’s a fast dealership, hope they’re as competent as they’re fast. Good luck

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they need a heated flushing machine to flush the transmission cooler and lines, I'm assuming yes but not really sure?

Also they don't have one and neither does another Dealer that I called.

They both have flush machines with filter but they aren’t heated so I've been told by the SA, one said they just run the vehicle to warm up the fluid on a standard flush.

However, I need my transmission cooler and lines flushed properly since they're replacing the a new transmission and torque converter.

It's supposed to be coming in tomorrow so I'm going up to the Dealership but I'd like to be armed with what do I do next?

Tell them they're required to replace the cooler and lines if they don't have this machine?

How do I know that it was actually replaced? Get in writing?

Man getting proper warranty work shouldn't be this much of an effort but I want done correctly.

Ok so this is the ammo I needed.

Transmission Cooler Heated Flusher Overview | Ford Tech Talk

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much is a new cooler? Maybe pay for that and they can flush the lines with compressed air, any particles are probably sitting in the cooler if there is any. Maybe @FordTechOne has an idea? You don't want them flushing it after they install a new transmission, eeewwww!!

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
How much is a new cooler? Maybe pay for that and they can flush the lines with compressed air, any particles are probably sitting in the cooler if there is any. Maybe @FordTechOne has an idea? You don't want them flushing it after they install a new transmission, eeewwww!!

No it needs to be flushed as well as the lines prior to installing the new transmission and torque converter, I'll be heading up there Monday.

I wouldn't and shouldn't have to pay for anything since it's under warranty and it's their responsibility to do a warranty service properly per Ford.

I'll be respectful and will try work with them to ensure it's done correctly.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
?

No it needs to be flushed as well as the lines prior to installing the new transmission and torque converter, I'll be heading up there Monday.
I'm sure this isn't there first rodeo, but it's better to be cautious, I've learned to be very proactive over the years about my personal items. Shit seems to go wrong if you're not on top of things, it's sad!.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

In order to clean the cooler and lines of debris, a heated flushing machine is required. The only warranty compliant machine is made by G-TEC, as posted in the video above. They and have multiple filters to ensure that the cooler and lines are completely clean of all debris. If a non- Ford recommended flusher is used (especially non-heated) the thermostat in the line won't open and the cooler will never be cleaned of debris.

If the dealer doesn't have the machine or it's out of service, the lines and cooler will need to be replaced. The dealer is responsible for billing that under warranty (with explanation) or absorbing the cost themselves, since it is their responsibility to follow the Warranty & Policy Manual.

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Great news, I talked to the Service Manager and asked him if he knew for sure that I was getting a new Transmission and he replied yes which comes with the torque converter.

I also asked if how they would handle the transmission cooler and lines and he stated that they would flush them, that's when I asked if they use a heated flushing machine and he stated yes.

He went on to say that they have to because it's a warrantable procedure when getting a new transmission.

Whew, :badger_1::banana-mario::badger_1::chewie:

I asked him if they use that machine for regular transmission flushes and he stated no they use other flushing machines for that and my understanding was a non heated machine.

I only hope he wasn't tipped off because I had been asking the SA if they had a heated flushing machine for servicing the transmission since I was at 27,*** miles and wasn't sure what my issue was going to be when I dropped it off.

The SA even went back there to double check before reporting back to me and the answer was no.

The only thing is if they have one why wouldn't they use it for regular services.

Thanks for everyone's help as I really do appreciate it.

I'm buying the beer. :cheers:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great news, I talked to the Service Manager and asked him if he knew for sure that I was getting a new Transmission and he replied yes which comes with the torque converter.

I also asked if how they would handle the transmission cooler and lines and he stated that they would flush them, that's when I asked if they use a heated flushing machine and he stated yes.

He went on to say that they have to because it's a warrantable procedure when getting a new transmission.

Whew, :badger_1::banana-mario::badger_1::chewie:

I asked him if they use that machine for regular transmission flushes and he stated no they use other flushing machines for that and my understanding was a non heated machine.

I only hope he wasn't tipped off because I had been asking the SA if they had a heated flushing machine for servicing the transmission since I was at 27,*** miles and wasn't sure what my issue was going to be when I dropped it off.

The SA even went back there to double check before reporting back to me and the answer was no.

The only thing is if they have one why wouldn't they use it for regular services.

Thanks for everyone's help as I really do appreciate it.

I'm buying the beer. :cheers:
Your Ford dealer has a picture of their flush machine on their website so it's legit:

2f050ad341b116b470a90f5353a4f197.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter