CNG addition/conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
532132_10150907880192322_83035037_n.jpg

Dyno testing the first dual-fuel 6.2l F150!

CNG and 91 octane fuel

700 hp at the crank or FWHP

Give Whipple a call

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=a.392786762321.173673.90483127321&type=1

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the confusion, I just posted this from Whipple's Facebook page.
I thought you guys might be interested.

It's not my truck. I don't know anything about it.

Again Sorry!!!

There is a member "Solid" on this forum that is using this combo on his 2011 Raptor you can PM him
or if you want I'll shoot him an email to post here

I do remember him saying that he using an oiling system and when he does a couple of WOT runs with CNG
he goes though a whole bottle of oil PDQ. LOL
So when he does want to run hard he switches back to 91 Octane.

Last edited:

Solid

Reaction score
Hi MTF!

Sorry didn't had time to respond! But CNG and LPG are different fuels. LPG in Europe has about 106 ron octane inbelieve ( could be the other rating ;-) ).

I have a prins instalation and with the normal tuning i am running at the limit as far as LPG with a whipple can! My installer even went to Prins. But they told him they were out of tricks!

So thnx to the determination of the installer he fixed it and said it was the first and proberly the last truck he did!

But he wanted to show himself he could do it!

About the oil adjective this was not installed because this system works with presure from the injectors or something like that. And at WOT the whole bottle would be drained! But he said when you race it switch to regular euro 98! This is much better for the engine life!

If you have any questions let me know! I may have pick up some hp but 700 is more then the system can handle. And i think you would be at the thin line to break stuff. I like the truck know but more is always better so we'll see what the futere brings!

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Solid said:
Hi MTF!

Sorry didn't had time to respond! But CNG and LPG are different fuels. LPG in Europe has about 106 ron octane inbelieve ( could be the other rating ;-) ).

I have a prins instalation and with the normal tuning i am running at the limit as far as LPG with a whipple can! My installer even went to Prins. But they told him they were out of tricks!

So thnx to the determination of the installer he fixed it and said it was the first and proberly the last truck he did!

About the oil adjective this was not installed because this system works with presure from the injectors or something like that. And at WOT the whole bottle would be drained! But he said when you race it switch to regular euro 98! This is much better for the engine life!

If you have any questions let me know! I may have pick up some hp but 700 is more then the system can handle. And i think you would be at the thin line to break stuff. I like the truck know but more is always better so we'll see what the futere brings!

How hard was it tune the CNG/LNG

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Solid said:
Hi MTF!

How hard was it to tune the CNG/LNG system for mods?

RcIgo

Reaction score
CNG Raptor

I just saw a raptor running cng in Oklahoma city
I want to add to my 2013 on order. We work in the oilfield so it would be a good show of support and get some attention

It was at cng interstate. They are an installer you can find online
$9900. Half back on tax rebate and ONG has another $1500 rebate