Clunking sound - New issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well the loud pop is back at full force. This absolutely sucks!

No off-roading. Not sure where to go from here. Going to have the shock checked out next week.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Huck Do you have any complaints about the camburg UCAs so far? That's what I'm leaning towards also. I'm getting some clunckage and sloppy steering. I need new tie rod ends as well so I'm gonna knock it all out at once and then realign. I just can't decide on which upper to go with

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Huck Do you have any complaints about the camburg UCAs so far? That's what I'm leaning towards also. I'm getting some clunckage and sloppy steering. I need new tie rod ends as well so I'm gonna knock it all out at once and then realign. I just can't decide on which upper to go with

They have been bullit proof thus far.
I had RPG ones that ruseted out and started cracking so i ditched them.
Replaced with the Camburg 2 years ago, and they have been rock solid. 2 winters, and no issues.

I had ordered Camburg LCA's but after 6 weeks of delays in components i cancelled them.

Everything i have from Camburg has been great, good customer service when needed, quick shipping, and a great product. Powdercoat holds up great to midwest winters with lots of road salt.

No complaints here. The UCA's are what drove me to other Camburg products.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have been bullit proof thus far.
I had RPG ones that ruseted out and started cracking so i ditched them.
Replaced with the Camburg 2 years ago, and they have been rock solid. 2 winters, and no issues.

I had ordered Camburg LCA's but after 6 weeks of delays in components i cancelled them.

Everything i have from Camburg has been great, good customer service when needed, quick shipping, and a great product. Powdercoat holds up great to midwest winters with lots of road salt.

No complaints here. The UCA's are what drove me to other Camburg products.

Awesome man that's the route I'm going to take too then! Thanks!

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Camburg UCA's on my old truck and will never go with them again. They have a sleeve that covers the uniball and water and grit gets down in there causing them to cause that terrible noise. Just what Rick was describing. It happened after only 3 months in the winter the first time. I was told I had to keep them very clean and use Tri-Flow lube on them. Uniball UCA's are really not designed for climates that receive a lot rain or moisture. That is why some companies have started putting covers over the uniball. Great for racing and desert though. It was explained to me that they are for racing and those parts get replaced a lot. Camburg would not cover anything even after only 3 months. I replaced the uniballs and sleeves once and then put factory back on after the 2nd time.