Clunk and jerk going from park to drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 18 reflashed couple months ago and it seems to be better on that aspect. However, I got a question about something similar...

Have any of you done the ol' rev in neutral to hear the sound... (like after an intake install or just to plain hear engine/exhaust--- or lack of :cool:) then paused of course to let it relax, and then shifted into drive..? it's one of the most peculiar responses I've ever felt on an auto trans. It has such an enormous delay, and then has a difficult time shifting into gear.

OP
OP
Cones169

Cones169

Reaction score
broght it to ford. called me later in day and said they performed tsb 18-2274 which reprogramed the ppm and tcm. they said it fixed the issue. when i picked it up they were right. Jerk is gone and shifts are smoother then before. thx for help guys.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
broght it to ford. called me later in day and said they performed tsb 18-2274 which reprogramed the ppm and tcm. they said it fixed the issue. when i picked it up they were right. Jerk is gone and shifts are smoother then before. thx for help guys.

taking the wife's car in on Monday, hoping there is a similar fix for it

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2018 does that from time to time. If I'm not at a complete, and I mean COMPLETE stop with my foot on the brake when I put it in D, there's a good chance it'll do it. It's annoying and shouldn't happen IMO, but I've learned to adjust my driving style to [largely] avoid it.