clearing the low tire pressure code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be a jerk and say more air then drive it around the block a few times. That's what vw had

1-drive the truck for a few minutes turn of truck
2- turn key to on but do not start
3- turn the hazards on then off 3 times in 10 seconds

If done right horn will sound and yellow light on dash will and a message "train left front"

4- remove air pressure on left front until horn sounds

5- repeat for tires in following order right front right rear left rear

After last horn chirp should say training complete

6- turn off key. If horn chirps twice not successful - try again

Put air in tires to proper psi

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
If you're trying to run a lower tire pressure you can't disable it. If your tires are properly inflated it takes a quick drive to clear. If they don't clear and you're sure the tires are properly inflated then you might have a faulty TPMS sensor.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're trying to run a lower tire pressure you can't disable it. If your tires are properly inflated it takes a quick drive to clear. If they don't clear and you're sure the tires are properly inflated then you might have a faulty TPMS sensor.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2
yep. at pismo when i aired down my low pressure light came on. after i filled them back up to 47psi it went away

Voodoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i bought my Generals at America's tires they changed my tps settings with a tool they hold on the tire near the tps. next time i go in there i am going to ask how low they can set the tps.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being forgetful in my old age...I kinda of like the light and warning on start-up...I guess we all want out cake and eat it too...

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire presure light just started to come on on Friday night...All tires have 32 psi (measured on a digital guage, in 30 degree temp) in them. I'm assuming I'm having a TPS issue.