Chicago finest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has taken basic sales training you will learn that the buyers decide the value of a object, not the seller. No Dealer on this planet would ask over msrp if no one was paying it, they would not sell any vehicles. If you want to point fingers, point it at the buyers. There will always be that guy. Ever been to a Auction? I routinely see buyers pay more then the new price on a used item in order to win the bid and show up the other bidders.

PS.You have two kinds of Dealers, those who make profit based on volume and those who make profit based on less transactions but a higher sale point, same goes for car salesman...

Don't like it, move on, that's what I do ;o)

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still on their website listed at $94,355 with a sticker of $74,355. I was a bit taken back by it when I called as I found the truck using inventory search on ford.com and called without checking their website first. I know of three dealerships around me that will sell around invoice. I only called Piemonte since they had the truck I wanted in stock so I wouldn't have to wait for an order.
Around invoice or MSRP? Big difference

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has taken basic sales training you will learn that the buyers decide the value of a object, not the seller. No Dealer on this planet would ask over msrp if no one was paying it, they would not sell any vehicles. If you want to point fingers, point it at the buyers. There will always be that guy. Ever been to a Auction? I routinely see buyers pay more then the new price on a used item in order to win the bid and show up the other bidders.

PS.You have two kinds of Dealers, those who make profit based on volume and those who make profit based on less transactions but a higher sale point, same goes for car salesman...

Don't like it, move on, that's what I do ;o)

I think the problem with the ADM has become evident with the amount of leftover 2018 models, there is much more supply than demand and when the marked up trucks sit and don’t sell they are bound to become surplus inventory that at some point will have to come down in price, and thus begin to affect resale of used raptors. I would think the “flooring” interest on these trucks would make dealers get to msrp a lot faster. I’ve seen 2018 raptors around here still listed for msrp, it’s a 1 year old truck now. It will start to tank values, in the big picture they’d be better to price them right from the start, pay less interest to hold them and keep the values up. Just my opinion but seems like simple math

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the problem with the ADM has become evident with the amount of leftover 2018 models, there is much more supply than demand and when the marked up trucks sit and don’t sell they are bound to become surplus inventory that at some point will have to come down in price, and thus begin to affect resale of used raptors. I would think the “flooring” interest on these trucks would make dealers get to msrp a lot faster. I’ve seen 2018 raptors around here still listed for msrp, it’s a 1 year old truck now. It will start to tank values, in the big picture they’d be better to price them right from the start, pay less interest to hold them and keep the values up. Just my opinion but seems like simple math
To add to this, only 6 months until order banks open for the 20. If there are even more significant changes to the 20 than the 19, they won't be able to give away an 18.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to this, only 6 months until order banks open for the 20. If there are even more significant changes to the 20 than the 19, they won't be able to give away an 18.

Exactly, well said. I may want to trade my 2018 for a 2020, if this keeps up it will be a large delta

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a 2019 SCREW at Fairview Ford in San Bernardino, CA marked up $25k over msrp..... Crazy thing is someone will pay it.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I don’t think this will bear out. We saw the same behavior with stealers sitting on 2017’s at over MSRP --long-- after 2018 orders were being made, hell, even after 2018’s were on the open market!

I’ve not verified this, but there was previous discussion on FRF about some dealers buying stock from others, so they could hoard the local Raptors. I have no reason to doubt or disbelieve this assertion but one that I don’t believe is these dealers paying MSRP, or over MSRP to another dealer. I’ve heard of some dealers using the Rap as bait for purchasing another truck, etc.

Either way, whatever actually is the case, the market is significantly different now. in early 2017 when ADM was all over the map, MSRP was the goal. now MSRP for a Raptor is not a good deal. So although I’m not surprised that some in the stealership community are still bitterly clinging to their ADM and bait and switch tactics, the internet equalizes the buying potential for customers.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a bargain compared to most of the dealers in the San Diego area. Glad I found one who was willing to sell at MSRP back when I ordered my 2018 in June 2017.

That said, I suspect a lot of these ADMs are little more than a Hail Mary attempt by the dealer to cash in on ill informed buyers. I feel there's a lot more stock available today than there was a year and a half ago.

757Nomad

Reaction score
I have verified with one of the larger Ford dealers in my area that they search out new Raptors from other dealers who are selling at or near MSPR and purchase them for their dealer stock. At this dealer, they add the ADM between $5k and $10K. Their strategy is to become the ONLY dealer in the region with a large stock of trucks. Unfortunately, there are a number of other Ford dealers locally that erodes their execution of that plan.

I hope I can one day not need to educate myself and research dealers and really shop for a good deal when spending $70k on a vehicle. But for now, I enjoy the chase as much as the buy. I wish local ford dealers would not treat the ford performance vehicles like they were made of unobtainium.