Chevy diesel to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghettobat

Reaction score
With the used truck market I was able to sell my used 2016 Chevy ltz duramax with 28,000 miles on it to a dealer here in Washington for $60,000 today. Bought a coworkers 2013 raptor with 122,000 miles for $31k. Now I don’t have a payment. Which is huge when I was at $700 a month before. Had taken a few equity loans out on it before when I was out of work. I still walked away with almost $29k!

little concerned about a few things like the shaky brakes and a small wobble when I take off. Hopefully easy fixes. The fuse 27 is not replaced. I’ll look in the search area for a few questions like where can I find an SD card for the sync system.

I did fill it up with premium today at a cost of $98! That hurt.

Attachments

• DDEE98D3-393E-4C9F-B6F2-CEEAFEA002E5.jpeg
    DDEE98D3-393E-4C9F-B6F2-CEEAFEA002E5.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Not a bad deal! Yeah just do the basics and I am sure, you will correct the problems.

OP
OP
ghettobat

ghettobat

Reaction score
Slap some new brake rotors on the front and lube the rear driveshaft slip yoke. Rotors will warp when they get too thin, not real expensive.
Can you explain that please? Not too technically savy on that. Is it something I can do myself or is it a shop thing?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Describe your brake problem a little better! Does the steering wheel shake a bit when putting the brakes on initially or all the way from highway speed to a stop? Yes, you can do brakes yourself, there are lots of how to pics and stuff on this forum and youtube. Best thing is start a new thread with your problem and you will get more reply's, some members dont reply to newbie threads, but to actual mechanical problems.

OP
OP
ghettobat

ghettobat

Reaction score
Describe your brake problem a little better! Does the steering wheel shake a bit when putting the brakes on initially or all the way from highway speed to a stop? Yes, you can do brakes yourself, there are lots of how to pics and stuff on this forum and youtube. Best thing is start a new thread with your problem and you will get more reply's, some members dont reply to newbie threads, but to actual mechanical problems.
yes, shakes bad when braking. I’m sure the rotors are warped. Probably going to get a stop tech slotted kit ordered. I have a friend who is a wrench and does side work. I’ll trust him over myself.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes, shakes bad when braking. I’m sure the rotors are warped. Probably going to get a stop tech slotted kit ordered. I have a friend who is a wrench and does side work. I’ll trust him over myself.
Shop around for your prices, there is nothing wrong with the factory brakes/rotors on these trucks. I've gone high tech and gone back to factory as well. Just sayin....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter