Chevy diesel to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just go to Napa and get good parts?
As long as they are the same as oem, why not. Check with Ford and see what they want as well. I've bought a few things from Napa for vehicles, some stuff is okay, some other stuff is less than par, just saying. I think @The Car Stereo Company buys his brakes from another auto parts place and gets lifetime warranty on the pads for his Raptor. Maybe it was Autozone, I think?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
As long as they are the same as oem, why not. Check with Ford and see what they want as well. I've bought a few things from Napa for vehicles, some stuff is okay, some other stuff is less than par, just saying. I think @The Car Stereo Company buys his brakes from another auto parts place and gets lifetime warranty on the pads for his Raptor. Maybe it was Autozone, I think?
As an aside, I dropped by napa to today to pick up a 500s motorcraft oil filter. They said they don't carry motorcraft. WTF. Went across the street to Advance.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to get brake parts (pads, rotors, etc) made in north America or Europe...try to avoid those made in Asia. It makes a huge difference in the quality and durability of the parts-I have seen rotors with air bubbles in the castings or significant cuts from the center vents to get them to balance, delaminated pads, etc. Good brakes make a huge difference when you want to stop.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Several WA guys in here. Brakes aren’t too tough. I put the Powerstop kit on my ‘12 and they work well. Not sure it’s any better than factory, but I do like the slotted rotors. Over a year now with no problems.

upgrading to something like an R1 Concepts brake kit would be a big improvement but those kits are also $6k.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade!

Rotorpros has drilled/slotted brakes that are very affordable. I've had two sets of rotors and been very pleased

esigfrid250

Reaction score
I just did the power stop z36 as well, pretty impressed. Stopping power is on par with stock maybe a bit better. I like the looks for sure.

Attachments

• brake 1.jpg
    brake 1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 3
  • brake 2.jpg
    brake 2.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 3