Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Chasing that "frt end clunk"

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Eyespyautomotive, Apr 10, 2019.

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

I’ve replace my shocks with new Fox 3.0’s, replace the UCA with an ICON DJ, replaced the LCA with new OEM ones, replaced the steering rack, replace the axles, tie rods and knuckles. And I have the yoke greased about every 6 months. It still clunks. But when I off-road with everything else going on, you forget all about it and the truck’s suspension is soaking it up and smooth over the terrain so things are working like they should with no ill effect.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    BenBB likes this.
  2. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

I think that there is a bushing clunk in the steering rack and that is what we hear. I am in a similar spot as you.... On 3.0's, run with sway bar on/off, uppers replaced. Its still there and nothing is worn or needs replacing..lol

3. Hasty

Hasty Full Access Member

Eyespyautomotive, are these the Moog UCA from Tasca? How’s the build quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

I bought the Moog uppers and spring hats from Rock Auto. They seemed like good quality, equal to oem.

5. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

@Eyespyautomotive

Keep in mind what ever you put in the driveshaft yoke, will run out into the transfer case contaminating the transfer case fluid.

I use (below), Appling it with a 1" brush lightly in the yoke. It lasts almost a year before I need to recoat.

big_DuP_GREASE_16oz_HVY_EQUIP_1412_BS_ACT_RGB.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Canuck714 and BenBB like this.