GEN 2 Chain controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hornettt

Reaction score
chains I don't think so

I lived in Tahoe for 20 plus years never chained a 4 wheel drive up once. If you have to chain a 4x4 you shouldn't be driving. Studs would be better than chains... Just my two cents worth. BTW loved the above footage I have taken the same old HWY a few times when I-80 was trashed with tourists from the Bay Area....

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience has been chains are for vehicles with no traction capability. Good tires, good 4x4, and lets face it the new Raptor with the new T/case system is perfect for snowy roads.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
to sell more cornahol to get corn price up. You are going to have to sell a bunch to make corn profitable. Same price as the 80's

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What?? Where was this? I own a house in Tahoe, been driving there in different family SUV with all season tires the last 15 years, never once turn back.

I was turned around 4x4 with snow tires (KO's) by the CHP - I had to carry a set or I didn't get to go up the mountain. So, it may depend on which CHP officer you get, but finding chains to fit the raptor added 2 hours to my trip. I still have them to carry, but never used.