Carmax offered 83k on 79k msrp 2021 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for the next person paying way over msrp to buy a used truck from Carmax

bruin1md

Reaction score
The fed rate is not tied to short term interest rates and the marginal increase in financing a truck should play absolutely zero in the purchase of a vehicle. I'll stay away from my Dave Ramsey preaching and stay on topic - but the difference between 2.99% and the 3.1% you're seeing out there on various terms ranging between 24 to 84 months is negligible and its truly scary to me that people worry so badly about an extra $20 per month when they are already making the bad financial decision to finance a new (or used) car to begin with. If that money is breaking you in this "rising rate environment" then we are all truly f*****.
don't disagree in real terms with what you're saying, but rising rates have historically diminished consumer confidence for borrowing-- even when the rates increases are nominal, as you stated. And the rate hikes will likely be more substantive, given that there will be several over time.

More importantly, the real impact of unchecked inflation thanks to the stupid policies of our federal govt over the last 24 months are now starting to hit home. Real purchasing power will continue to diminish and people will hopefully pull their collective heads our of their a**es