Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I spoke with Anthony yesterday and he advised that the replacement carbon pieces should be about 2-3 weeks out. He’s been dealing with some significant family medical issues recently and apologized for how busy he’s been. He’s a great dude so I just wanted to pass this along.
Was he replacing the ones that have had the clear coat fading on the edges? my hood vent is doing that but I figured it was a matter of a paint shop going back over it. Fender vents look fantastic still.

justinh

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from him lately? My hood vent’s clear is peeling in multiple places. I messaged him months ago and didn’t hear back. Since then, several others have posted about communicating with him.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I’m wrong, slap me around. But how long should these parts be warrantied or guaranteed? I paid 35k for a Can-Am SxS and it came with a 6 month warranty. The new Can-Am R approaches 50k and carries a 6 month warranty.

The OP did something very cool and made nice pieces. I bought them. I happened to have left them on my Gen2 when I traded it in. I didn’t notice any peeling but even if I did, I wouldn’t be going after the OP and expecting anything. There was no mention of a warranty when he sold them. They were sold as is.

I have a feeling as awesome a dude as he is, he’s going to make good on it at his expense. If those who have complaints don’t care if a member has to go in his pocket to replace them, so be it. I guess the old adage no good deed goes unpunished applies.

justinh

Reaction score
If I’m wrong, slap me around. But how long should these parts be warrantied or guaranteed? I paid 35k for a Can-Am SxS and it came with a 6 month warranty. The new Can-Am R approaches 50k and carries a 6 month warranty.

The OP did something very cool and made nice pieces. I bought them. I happened to have left them on my Gen2 when I traded it in. I didn’t notice any peeling but even if I did, I wouldn’t be going after the OP and expecting anything. There was no mention of a warranty when he sold them. They were sold as is.

I have a feeling as awesome a dude as he is, he’s going to make good on it at his expense. If those who have complaints don’t care if a member has to go in his pocket to replace them, so be it. I guess the old adage no good deed goes unpunished applies.
Fair enough, I have no idea what he may or may not do, he’s just unresponsive. He’s indicated to others that he may do something about it so it would be silly not to inquire. Almost all of my pieces had broke mounting tabs or points, the mirror caps were the worst. Pealing started within 6 months. I’m not sure what you think is acceptable just because he’s a member here. He sold these parts based on the “quality” of them being made by people that make parts for Andretti Autosport. My parts were delivered MONTHS after he stated and I was patient and not in a rush. Imo, the delay in delivery and poor communication spent up all of the “good deal” equity.

You’d probably feel different if you had your truck still and had 3 places where the clear turned white and then pealed off on your hood.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

He told me that there were a batch of BAD clear epoxy coats, one of which I have... he knows there is an issue with a certain batch. My hood vent started going to shit about 4-6 months after I received it.. clearly not normal. My carbon fiber fender flares are totally fine under the same conditions...

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, I have no idea what he may or may not do, he’s just unresponsive. He’s indicated to others that he may do something about it so it would be silly not to inquire. Almost all of my pieces had broke mounting tabs or points, the mirror caps were the worst. Pealing started within 6 months. I’m not sure what you think is acceptable just because he’s a member here. He sold these parts based on the “quality” of them being made by people that make parts for Andretti Autosport. My parts were delivered MONTHS after he stated and I was patient and not in a rush. Imo, the delay in delivery and poor communication spent up all of the “good deal” equity.

You’d probably feel different if you had your truck still and had 3 places where the clear turned white and then pealed off on your hood.
Entitled much? He didn’t sell them based on quality, he sold them based on “damn this is a crazy good deal.” If anything, the fact that everyone knew he had a hookup through a racing team should’ve given you different expectations. Racing teams don’t build parts to look perfect and last a long time. They need to last one race and be functional. Unless he’s able to get something back from the shop/manufacturer, you shouldn’t expect anything from him.

I got a hood piece and fender vents. The vents are perfect still, hood has some peeling on edges. Hood fit perfect, side vents were tough. CF/fiberglass never fits perfect, everyone should expect that. If he gets something back from the shop, yes I’d be happy with a replacement hood vent. I’m not going to hound him for it though. I’ve got dings all over my truck cause I actually drive the shit out of it. You should try the same and you’ll be less concerned about it.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the first batch of CF parts and the clear coat on the side vent went to shit and he replaced them with no problems. The guy is good in my book.

justinh

Reaction score
He told me that there were a batch of BAD clear epoxy coats, one of which I have... he knows there is an issue with a certain batch. My hood vent started going to shit about 4-6 months after I received it.. clearly not normal. My carbon fiber fender flares are totally fine under the same conditions...
He acknowledged issues with the mounting tabs, etc as well.
Entitled much? He didn’t sell them based on quality, he sold them based on “damn this is a crazy good deal.” If anything, the fact that everyone knew he had a hookup through a racing team should’ve given you different expectations. Racing teams don’t build parts to look perfect and last a long time. They need to last one race and be functional. Unless he’s able to get something back from the shop/manufacturer, you shouldn’t expect anything from him.

I got a hood piece and fender vents. The vents are perfect still, hood has some peeling on edges. Hood fit perfect, side vents were tough. CF/fiberglass never fits perfect, everyone should expect that. If he gets something back from the shop, yes I’d be happy with a replacement hood vent. I’m not going to hound him for it though. I’ve got dings all over my truck cause I actually drive the shit out of it. You should try the same and you’ll be less concerned about it.

Entitled because I’m looking for a reply to a message from a guy that sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts he had manufactured to forum members? If his response was “there was an issue, we got it fixed, we have another shipment” I would BUY a replacement.

I haven’t hounded him either, two messages over 6 months. I’ve got zero expectations of ever being able to get a replacement part, although he offered replacement mirror caps shortly after mine were delivered when several of the mounting tabs were broken or useless for securing. I declined those because I made the caps work.

It’s pretty clear from the responses in this thread and comments from people that have spoken with him that there are issues with certain batches of parts (mine were ordered in the second batch).

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe look at it a bit differently. Instead of a "guy" who sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts, change that to a business that did. And then that business went out of business a year later because of Covid or myriad other reasons, as did tens of thousands of businesses did. What then? Where would a remedy be?

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He acknowledged issues with the mounting tabs, etc as well.

Entitled because I’m looking for a reply to a message from a guy that sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of parts he had manufactured to forum members? If his response was “there was an issue, we got it fixed, we have another shipment” I would BUY a replacement.

I haven’t hounded him either, two messages over 6 months. I’ve got zero expectations of ever being able to get a replacement part, although he offered replacement mirror caps shortly after mine were delivered when several of the mounting tabs were broken or useless for securing. I declined those because I made the caps work.

It’s pretty clear from the responses in this thread and comments from people that have spoken with him that there are issues with certain batches of parts (mine were ordered in the second batch).
I guess you’re not very in tune with the difference between revenue and profit? For the prices we paid, that guy barely made any profit. Probably just enough to cover the abundance of time spent on everything. Need to stop looking at it like a massive business enterprise and realize he was a guy giving people a hookup.

Risk has perceived value in every transaction in life. On one extreme, buy from a guy selling a TV out of the trunk of his car…you save money but own all the risk. Buy one from BestBuy with a protection plan for a premium but own little-to-no risk. Stop being a stereotypical dumb American thinking everyone owes you. You chose to risk buying something from “a guy” on a forum…you saved money and own more risk.