Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a few clips break off during install of the side vents and hood piece but didn't affect installation or sticktuitiveness. lol.

Yeah, CF is strong as f o o k, but it can also be brittle, kinda like the Brittle Brothers in Django. lol.
The stock mirror snap design is janky as all hell, so I’m not surprised that something required to replicate that fastener is janky as well. I’ll fix it somehow.

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bumped my mirror with an ice scraper this morning and one of the clips broke off. I’ll be reinstalling it when it thaws and dries a bit outside.

Just a heads up for folks running these in the cold lol. Be careful out there.
That sucks sorry, let me know how you make out when you reinstall it? did you take the whole mirror off? It probably wouldnt have hurt to make the the mirrors a little bit thicker across the board but that would have to been done with CAD and the 3d'd prototype then sent to be manufactured. cost would have been way to much. but if it doesn't work out for you we'll get it sorted
I had a few clips break off during install of the side vents and hood piece but didn't affect installation or sticktuitiveness. lol.

Yeah, CF is strong as f o o k, but it can also be brittle, kinda like the Brittle Brothers in Django. lol.
yeah 100% isnt forgiving as plastic that's for sure. I wouldn't have tried it myself to be honest. I am the king of over torquing, forcing, and not reading instructions. Best for me to leave that to the guys that do that kinda stuff.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m currently just driving it with the back side of the mirror exposed. I’ll take it off this weekend and figure it out. It’s the plastic clips and hoops that are attached to the back that are a little fragile. Not sure if they should be thicker or a different type of plastic altogether. The stock one had to be basically cut off to remove.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9C21783F-3AE6-45B7-BA03-D70191E16AEE.jpeg
DD3186F9-525F-45C8-AF45-111AB12DE4E1.jpeg
a little bit of rubberized silicone did the trick. Pop the mirror out and remove 4 torx screws to bring the thing inside. Kept pouring little bits of goop onto the tabs till they were completely encapsulated. Feel pretty good about it lasting. Might take off the other side and do that one too for peace of mind. Maybe wait till spring.

uncc0:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a PM into you. Want to see what you can do for a replacement Gen 2 carbon hood vent. Thanks!

justinh

Reaction score
I have a PM into you. Want to see what you can do for a replacement Gen 2 carbon hood vent. Thanks!
Are you trying to replace one you already purchased from him or just trying to get one from him instead of Anderson or one of the other companies?