Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks sorry, let me know how you make out when you reinstall it? did you take the whole mirror off? It probably wouldnt have hurt to make the the mirrors a little bit thicker across the board but that would have to been done with CAD and the 3d'd prototype then sent to be manufactured. cost would have been way to much. but if it doesn't work out for you we'll get it sorted

yeah 100% isnt forgiving as plastic that's for sure. I wouldn't have tried it myself to be honest. I am the king of over torquing, forcing, and not reading instructions. Best for me to leave that to the guys that do that kinda stuff.
Uh, no I’m the overtorque king. Oh, and just screwed a Vaultek gun storage box to my night table. Naturally didn’t make the pilot holes deep enough so the screws didn’t goo all the way in as I stripped the shit out of them.

justinh

Reaction score
Clearcoat is coming off on the corners and edges of the hood vent. The thought was maybe a rock impact, but this is clearly the clearcoat breaking down likely from sun exposure.
I’m having the same issue on the hood vent and fender vents I got from him in the last group.

Mirrors were a PITA to install with the tabs but have held up great, I’d have thought I’d have issues there before the other two spots.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the look of my matte finish however the clear coat is coming off noticeably. Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

N2fire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I spoke with Anthony yesterday and he advised that the replacement carbon pieces should be about 2-3 weeks out. He’s been dealing with some significant family medical issues recently and apologized for how busy he’s been. He’s a great dude so I just wanted to pass this along.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I spoke with Anthony yesterday and he advised that the replacement carbon pieces should be about 2-3 weeks out. He’s been dealing with some significant family medical issues recently and apologized for how busy he’s been. He’s a great dude so I just wanted to pass this along.
thanks for the update! I never questioned his integrity, he has been a standup dude, I was more worried as to where he's been and if he's okay...