Carbon fiber parts from Covid boredom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work for a race team doing data Acquisition and during some down time when we couldn't do much I had our carbon fiber chassis supplier make some parts for a few things. One of those being my raptor. Started with the hood and side vents, They turned out amazing. This supplier made my race bikes complete CF set up and that turned out amazing for race spec, which always isn't about beauty. So I think we are going to do the Applique and possibly the grill (Ford and outter rim). I kinda need some recommendations. Should I make the applique without the F150 and Raptor badge OR keep the badges. I feel if I keep it blank then people could possibly put it on regular F150's as well. But then will Raptor owners want to have the badges on? well here are the hood and side vents and some of the work they did for my race bike.IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3840.jpg IMG_3876.jpg IMG_3877.jpg 0C7981DC-95DA-47B6-8A22-7F211DBDCA73_zpsbwcvno1a.JPG

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looks like the ones that Anderson Composites makes.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be first in line for a stock fitting and appearing CF hood piece but perhaps an inch taller to be little more aggressive than the original.

Be careful about building anything with Ford, F150, or Raptor on it, Ford Licensing takes that very seriously and could come after you. It has happened to a number of vendors here. Good luck...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about CF exterior side view mirror covers...

Agree with this. And this would work for all F-150s.

Be careful about building anything with Ford, F150, or Raptor on it, Ford Licensing takes that very seriously and could come after you. It has happened to a number of vendors here. Good luck...

Yep. That would be a reason to stay away from the grill.

A lot of folks are putting CF in their interiors as well.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be first in line for a stock fitting and appearing CF hood piece but perhaps an inch taller to be little more aggressive than the original.

I too would buy an 1" taller CF hood vent in a minute!

OP
OP
EL Snagadore

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Looks like the ones that Anderson Composites makes.
Yeah when I had my BMW CF made it was just as nice maybe nicer than the HP carbon fiber. I have never seen the AC CF but everything was great from looks to fit. and I am in these way less than AC, I had 10 sets made for myself and a few buddies and will probably throw the others on Ebay or something.