Car Insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fueler

Reaction score
When posting your monthly insurance premiums, you really need to post your policy details like policy limits, deductibles, add-ons, etc... just like Denvertaco07 did. A simple monthly payment tells us nothing.

You are right, I got lazy. I'll dig that up and edit. In reviewing declarations I now have questions on the policy. Will update sometime next week.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Defiantly need to carry more than state minimums. The best insurance companies (premiums are higher but worth it) are the ones that have a bureau or are owned by the policy holders. Having to file a claim at any point against a company that is on the stock exchange will result in you more than likely driving a truck that should have been totaled.

I have an actual cash value policy which you can demand replace or pay out of the vehicles value if it is months for a repair or the insurance dragging their feet which is what most of these companies do.

fueler

Reaction score
Replying to my incomplete post from above:

Most policies are split, like 100/300/100 as I'm sure you guys all know. Mine is called combined. It covers in my case 500k worth of damage, total, but does include bodily injury, uninsured motorist, property damage uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection, glass, and some info on rental cars with what I think is a max per day of 50.00 with a cap of 1500.00 dollars. I could send a snip of this if you wanted to see more details, but my wife's Prius is on there too and some of you would probably go blind just seeing the word. The deductible is 500.00 dollars for my policy, less for her Prius.

I had to call in and ask because I forgot the details of the plan. I can wrap my head around axle and compression ratios a lot better than I can on insurance declarations I'm sorry to say.

I pay 661.00 per year, so 55.00 per month for a 14 F150 5.0 liter. My Raptor will bump that up about 150.00 dollars per year, so that's 68.00 approx per month. I'm 55, no speeding tickets in the last at least 8 years, no accidents. Finally reaping the advantages of getting older. This seems low I know, so here are snips from the policy. Annual premium is 1400.00, we that semi-annually as you can see.

upload_2020-6-28_17-19-14.png

upload_2020-6-28_17-19-53.png

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most policies are split, like 100/300/100 as I'm sure you guys all know. Mine is called combined. It covers in my case 500k worth of damage, total, but does include bodily injury, uninsured motorist, property damage uninsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection, glass...
Having been in the insurance industry for a long time you really want split limits if the company offers it(or an Umbrella). Someone or someone's car usually gets left out of a settlement and they will sue you.

You have $500K for BI and PD. So if you hit and injure 2 people in a car that $500K gets split up amongst the injuries and car. If the injuries are serious that $500K is not going far. With split limits you would have $500K BI per person and then $500K for property damage. Split limits offer double the protection. I would look into $1M or adding an Umbrella if they don't offer split limits.

Can you bump UnInsured PD to a higher limit? If someone hits you and takes off or doesn't have insurance you only get $25K for your vehicle.

For everyone else make sure you have matching UnInsured/UnderInsured. Thats for you in case you get injured by someone else who doesn't have any insurance or not enough. It covers your medical bills, pain and suffering, missed wages, long term care, rehab, or even a death settlement. You don't have to be in your car to claim it either. It follows you on a bike, checking your mail or walking in a parking lot.

Last edited:

pavendort

Reaction score
$640 for 6 months with USAA. Low deductible with maximum coverage, with rental/towing and 20% over market value coverage. Now that I posted this, I need to call and raise my deductible to bring that cost down.

My daughter is 17 and her 2012 Focus is $1700 for 6 months.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Read first and last page, didn't have the bandwidth for any more. Don't know if it was mentioned...

Most of us get the Old Geezer discount. That probably accounts for some of these good deals. Fyi to the kiddo's.

ExploreRaptor

Reaction score
Wow, you're paying $85 per month for your Ford Raptor, huh? That's with state minimum coverage and a $2,000 deductible, too. You might want to consider shopping around for better insurance rates to see if you can find a more affordable option.

With 2,000 deductibles you could pay less I guess...

Here are some insurance-related tips for Raptor owners:
  1. Bundle policies: If you have other insurance policies, like home or renters insurance, bundling them with your auto insurance could save you money on your premiums.
  2. Compare quotes: Obtain multiple quotes from different insurance providers to find the best coverage and rates for your Raptor. Don't be afraid to negotiate or ask for discounts.
  3. Adjust coverage: Evaluate your coverage needs based on factors like your driving habits, where you live, and the age of your Raptor. Adjusting your coverage levels could help you save on insurance costs without compromising protection.
  4. Increase deductible: If you can afford a higher out-of-pocket cost in case of a claim, consider raising your deductible to lower your monthly premiums. Be cautious, though, as this can lead to higher costs if you need to file a claim.
  5. Maintain a good driving record: Avoiding accidents, traffic violations, and maintaining a clean driving record can help you secure lower insurance rates.
  6. Safety features: If your Raptor has safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, make sure to mention them to your insurance provider, as these features can result in discounts.
  7. Annual review: Review your insurance policy annually to ensure you're still getting the best coverage and rates for your Raptor. Life changes or improvements in your driving record could lead to lower premiums.
  8. Defensive driving course: Some insurance providers offer discounts to drivers who complete a defensive driving course. Check with your insurer to see if this applies to you.
By considering these tips, you can potentially save on insurance costs for your Ford Raptor while maintaining the necessary protection.