Cant Make This *** UP!! Delivered to the Wrong Dealer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Erjdrvr

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

My dealer is legit....seriously thankful for that!! The dealer sales manager in Michigan did call me back and was totally kool & ok if my dealer would allow me to do the paperwork & pick it up. The Michigan dealer even said he would prep it for me if I wanted.

So I then made the 45 minute drive to my dealer to get the situation settled in person. My sales rep put me in touch with the sales manger who said the GM would not allow me to pick it up at another dealer because of the Pre delivery inspection issue. The sales manager also shared pics of the VIN, tailgate, and the hood which seem to show damage to the hood. So as bad as I want the truck I have relented to wait for the truck to be delivered to my dealer.

They offered to send employees to go pick it up and drive it back the 350 mls. and I declined. So they are trying to work with the Zone manager to figure out who's paying for the transportation! Obviously Jack Cooper messed this up, but if we wait on Jack Cooper to fix this it could take a month! Hopefully the Indy Area Zone Rep will approve 3rd party transportation so the truck can be delivered asap!

Finally, the reason I offered to go 350 miles to pick it was that I am an airline employee and can fly from Indy to Detroit for free. Also I have a family member who could drive me to the Michigan dealer. Plus had family plans in southern Michigan this weekend so I figured I would turn an unfortunate situation into an adventure!!

801a w/ tailgate delete
Update 2

So some friends went by the Detroit dealer that had my truck to take some pictures & the dealer confirmed it was picked up yesterday by a transport.

So I call my dealer & they have no idea who picked it or where it is....priceless! Assuming Jack Cooper?

mike91

Reaction score
wonder if they just told them that to get rid of them when they realized they werent going to be able to sell them anything

BIGMAN

Reaction score
That was from the sales manager, he was awesome, he went onto running his own dealership a couple years later. He sponsored a lot of Ford car shows. Very decent guy, hard to find people like that at dealerships anymore.

Coastal Ford in Burnaby for anybody wanting a decent buying experience, they sell a lot of Raptors.
@CoronaRaptor
Were they asking for a markup?
They told me $20,000 back in June.