Truck finally got delivered to dealer and it’s scuffed up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if Ford tells the dealer to refinish the flares rather than replace. I had a small place where the finish was starting to peel on one of the flares on my 2018 where the flare meets the bedside, and after sending picture to Ford, Ford directed the dealer to have it refinished. It turned out great and I haven’t had a problem since.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only concern with taking the truck would be carfax, I’m fairly certain it will not show up if repaired prior to delivery but after it might and that can really destroy resale

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer had my flare refinished by a third party bodyshop, and it does not show on Carfax.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So take delivery and have the flare replacement put on a ‘We Owe’. Not complicated.

I am an FI Director at a Ford dealership. They can deliver it to you and fix later just like stated above.

These.

I also work at a dealer and check in new cars for this type of stuff.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concern with taking the truck would be carfax, I’m fairly certain it will not show up if repaired prior to delivery but after it might and that can really destroy resale

OP should be good on this one. I had a defect in both of my besides on my 2019 802A SCREW that I didn’t notice until the second week of ownership. The light had to hit it just right to see it. Turned out to be a “dent” or defect in the paint/clear.

Dealer referred me to a great body shop that had it fixed up in a week. Never showed up on my carfax.

Go get that truck!

leo4x4

Reaction score
So after waiting for what seems like forever for my truck to show up, I checked the tracker like I do every morning and today was finally the day. It said delivered. I get all excited, call the dealer and ask if I can come pick it up. Come to find out, one of the fender flairs got scuffed up in transport. He said they have to go through fords process of sending them pictures and get approval before making delivery and will likely be getting a new flair sent from Ford. So more waiting. Has anyone of you had this situation pop up that can give me a ballpark of how long this process is going to take to happen? It kills me knowing the truck is there and I can’t have it.
I have a similar issue, the 2 roof mounted antennas got broken while the truck was delivered. Now it’s at the body shop. I’m picking up Thursday.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My flare had a tiny gouge where it meets the bedside, looks like it was damaged in the factory before it was installed. I had the dealer order another flare but just picked it up from parts and will keep it as the gouge is tiny. The new flare came with the marker lights installed as well.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply curious…does the flare need to be painted to match the other flares?
I thought it did but I think the one I picked up from parts was pre-painted. I don’t think the dealer painted it but I could be wrong. It matches the others on the truck perfectly.