Truck finally got delivered to dealer and it’s scuffed up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after waiting for what seems like forever for my truck to show up, I checked the tracker like I do every morning and today was finally the day. It said delivered. I get all excited, call the dealer and ask if I can come pick it up. Come to find out, one of the fender flairs got scuffed up in transport. He said they have to go through fords process of sending them pictures and get approval before making delivery and will likely be getting a new flair sent from Ford. So more waiting. Has anyone of you had this situation pop up that can give me a ballpark of how long this process is going to take to happen? It kills me knowing the truck is there and I can’t have it.
Same scuff on flare happened to mine. They showed me the scuff and I drove the truck home and will bring it back to them when the new flare shows up. Tell them to get their sheeet together!

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, please stop calling these things "flairs". It is a fender FLARE. Flair is what goes on your server's suspenders at TGI Fridays. You people are probably the same ones that misspell brakes as "breaks" and call Recaro seats "ricardos". I understand that the Ford pickup demographic probably does not make for the most educated automotive forum one can frequent but enough is enough. These are basics.

OP
OP
J

jeenyus

Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy, please stop calling these things "flairs". It is a fender FLARE. Flair is what goes on your server's suspenders at TGI Fridays. You people are probably the same ones that misspell brakes as "breaks" and call Recaro seats "ricardos". I understand that the Ford pickup demographic probably does not make for the most educated automotive forum one can frequent but enough is enough. These are basics.
You ok man?

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy their Ninja. Tough nite of combat?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My main man @combatninja. Gotta love the guy.

As for taking delivery with something SNAFU'd, I waited months for my 2019 Carrera 911t. Dealer emails me and says it's in, all ok, except for one thing and I could take it or wait for them to fix it. I tell him to send me a pic. As I'm sure many of you know, 911s have PPF film from the factory over the rear haunches (I'm being super careful with my spelling so I don't get slapped down from my main man lol), meaning the rear fender FLARES. Well, I guess the Porsche final inspection team was nipping the Bavarian Hefeweizen with their wienerschnitzel.

There was a piece of dirt, black dirt the size of the tip of your pinky, under the PPF on the driver's side fender. They attempted to peel it back to remove it and ruined the PPF.

GIMME ME MY 911, DAMN IT. You think I'm going to not take delivery because the PPF is slightly peeled away and stuck back and looks terrible on a $120k car?

Lemme me tell ya: That sheeyat drove me crazy. And to make matters worse, that year they changed the shape of the PPF on the fender and there was not one damn piece in the country to be had.

Months went by with the dealer trying to source the piece from her Germany. Finally, I told them to remove both pieces and get their PPF guy in and put new matching ones on. Probably not exactly the same but no one would ever know.

After tracking that car the entire season, I kept it a total of 10 months and traded it for a boring 2020 M5. What a mistake. I miss it, warts and all.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

And btw, Ford guys go to Applebee's. Ram dudes go to Friday's. :cool: Chevy guys go nowhere as their trucks are always broken. ;)

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And btw, Ford guys go to Applebee's. Ram dudes go to Friday's. :cool: Chevy guys go nowhere as their trucks are always broken. ;)
Well to be fair, Chevy guys are usually out trying to “find new roads” because they are too embarrassed to be seen driving the already existing roads where they may be seen by other people.

GM marketing in general has been so bad for at least the past ten years. Their commercials are offensive to anyone with a working brain and “find new roads” is on the same level as “build back better”. I sometimes think someone is purposely trying to get GM to fail (more).

If you want some laughs, check out “Zebra Corner” on YouTube.