Truck finally got delivered to dealer and it’s scuffed up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
These repairs only show on carfax if it’s paid for by insurance and/or if the body shop voluntarily reports to carfax. In any accident, if you don’t want the record, pay out of pocket and confirm your body shop won’t report it

I’ve not heard of a vehicle having a negative carfax report from repairs done pre-delivery. It’s probably happened to someone but think highly uncommon. You would have a pretty solid lawsuit on the basis of they sold you a vehicle knowing it was of diminished value (carfax record).

Harlley

Reaction score
So after waiting for what seems like forever for my truck to show up, I checked the tracker like I do every morning and today was finally the day. It said delivered. I get all excited, call the dealer and ask if I can come pick it up. Come to find out, one of the fender flairs got scuffed up in transport. He said they have to go through fords process of sending them pictures and get approval before making delivery and will likely be getting a new flair sent from Ford. So more waiting. Has anyone of you had this situation pop up that can give me a ballpark of how long this process is going to take to happen? It kills me knowing the truck is there and I can’t have it.
Ask them if you can take pocession of the truck. Then get in writting that when the fender flair comes in they will replace the damaged one. And then bring your truck in. That's what I would do.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well to be fair, Chevy guys are usually out trying to “find new roads” because they are too embarrassed to be seen driving the already existing roads where they may be seen by other people.

GM marketing in general has been so bad for at least the past ten years. Their commercials are offensive to anyone with a working brain and “find new roads” is on the same level as “build back better”. I sometimes think someone is purposely trying to get GM to fail (more).

If you want some laughs, check out “Zebra Corner” on YouTube
Watched zebra corner. Hilarious.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to have my hood graphics replaced twice!! They had different textures in the lines 2, freakin times. How does this get passed any kind of inspection ? An hour drive each way.
I had to leave it both times because they take it someplace else to have it done...

Attachments

• IMG-1908.PNG
    IMG-1908.PNG
    619.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-1907.PNG
    IMG-1907.PNG
    647.3 KB · Views: 30