Truck finally got delivered to dealer and it’s scuffed up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeenyus

Reaction score
So after waiting for what seems like forever for my truck to show up, I checked the tracker like I do every morning and today was finally the day. It said delivered. I get all excited, call the dealer and ask if I can come pick it up. Come to find out, one of the fender flairs got scuffed up in transport. He said they have to go through fords process of sending them pictures and get approval before making delivery and will likely be getting a new flair sent from Ford. So more waiting. Has anyone of you had this situation pop up that can give me a ballpark of how long this process is going to take to happen? It kills me knowing the truck is there and I can’t have it.

OP
OP
J

jeenyus

Reaction score
So take delivery and have the flare replacement put on a ‘We Owe’. Not complicated.
I didn’t know that was an option. He said they had to wait for Ford to approve delivery as he wasn’t sure if they would be replacing it or if they would be instructed to refinish it. I’ll ask him if I can do the We Owe route. Thanks.

Chiefgiant

Reaction score
So after waiting for what seems like forever for my truck to show up, I checked the tracker like I do every morning and today was finally the day. It said delivered. I get all excited, call the dealer and ask if I can come pick it up. Come to find out, one of the fender flairs got scuffed up in transport. He said they have to go through fords process of sending them pictures and get approval before making delivery and will likely be getting a new flair sent from Ford. So more waiting. Has anyone of you had this situation pop up that can give me a ballpark of how long this process is going to take to happen? It kills me knowing the truck is there and I can’t have it.
The bead lock ring on one of my rims had a couple small scratches and put me in the same spot. They needed to order a new ring which would take 3-5 days and then I can pick it up. They did give me the choice to pick it up now and bring it back but the dealer is 2+ hours away so I didn’t want to go back & forth. The wait is killing me though. Hopefully pick it up Tuesday.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer is an idiot. Is it his first day on the job? Take the truck home and when the new flare arrives, they can pop it on while you wait, doesn't need to be so ridiculous.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealer is an idiot. Is it his first day on the job? Take the truck home and when the new flare arrives, they can pop it on while you wait, doesn't need to be so ridiculous.
This. Much like any minor part that needs to be replaced. Give me my truck & call me when the damn part arrives.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every dealership is different and unfortunately as Corona stated, your's does not seem to be one of the brightest. Sure, the dealership needs Ford's approval for a replacement flare under warranty, but there is absolutely no reason why that should preclude you from taking delivery now and returning for the replacement flare when it comes in. Good luck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m betting it is a case of more than just scuffed up, or they would likely be willing to finalize the sale and agree to repair the damage. We had a Gen2 delivered where I believe the cab got compromised - way more than just dented on the transport which I recall was not something easy or simple to repair.

get pictures from the stealership. If you paid ADM, get a platinum loaner while they fix it. ;-)