Can't balance my method nv's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Nevermind, it's 87mm. The MB TKO wheels are 87.1mm, no way will i find a hub centric ring that small.

When I install shocks (have seeping front shock now) I'll do the torque method and see how that adjust them.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nevermind, it's 87mm. The MB TKO wheels are 87.1mm, no way will i find a hub centric ring that small.

When I install shocks (have seeping front shock now) I'll do the torque method and see how that adjust them.

What's the word on the wheels? Balanced or not? Bump!!!!

Sent from two Dixie cups and a piece of bailing twine.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been down this ****** road before. Why F with generic wheels?

My learning; I will never again use wheels that are not hub centric for my truck. Period. If they weren't manufactured that way and I'm desperate for different wheels I will have the new wheels machined to accept aluminum hub centric rings.

Look how much time and likely money you've wasted on this. If you still like the wheels find a shop that will install aluminum hub rings. As long as the wheel is not bent this is almost certain to solve you problems.

thats all fine and dandy what you are saying if you want to run the stock wheels or pay 1000-1500 per wheel for a custom set cut for your truck. the aftermarket wheel manufacturers make the wheels almost always overseas where its gonna be a crap shoot on uniformity. They also make the wheels for a number of applications otherwise they would have a ton of dead stock as people are constantly changing auto manufacturers and whats hot today isn't tomorrow. a lot of us are running aftermarket wheels without any problems and no hub rings. if the tires are balanced properly and the lug tightening pattern is done correctly…….there may be an issue with the drilling of the lug holes in wheel. if the wheel balances on a machine that mounts through center bore, and is then correctly installed and torqued and shit is still going sideways, then that could be the only possible problem. hypothetically if you located a hub ring after all this an then started torquing down lug nuts and the lug holes are off but the hub ring is holding rim in its centered position-wouldnt you now be creating sideways shear force on the studs? I would think so. aftermarket wheels have been around for a looooooong time. its possible he just got a bad set. it happens!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I went to HFT and baught thr torque wrench, jacks, and a bottle jack for less than 80.00 bucks. Problem is the jack and stands wont get the truck off the ground high enough! So do I use blocks of wood ? I'm not spending 200.00 0n a floor jack, just found jacks that are higher. I may just use the stock jack to set the stands ?

How much did the bottle jack cost? $70 for a 3 ton floor jack is not a bad price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 44

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HF 2 ton (steel) is another great option. Think I paid $135 about 4 months ago. It's low profile / high lift (2" something all the up to 23" something). Has the foot pedal and t-handle with the dial knob to release pressure. This with their 6 ton jack stands is the nicest setup I've ever worked with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk