Can I afford a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some more advise. Never take financial advise from anyone that starts with "Dude". :waytogo:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I've never had a job that paid well until last week. I got hired at an oil company and will now make 120k a year.

The roads to are bad and i drive a 7hr commute to the camps. I stay for 10 days then drive 7hrs home and relax for 4 days.

I just want to know if my annual salary allows me to now own and drive a raptor even with all the bad gas mileage. I'm very new to money so am I totally worrying for no reason?

How much will a raptor cost me every year Total (finance, insurance and gas)?
think of it this way. if you are not sure you can afford it, you probably cant afford it. you will KNOW when to buy. i would hate to see you make the purchase and then realize it doesnt fit in your expense budget. even though you got a good paying job it doesnt mean go out and spend it all. just be cautious as to how you spend your money. i dont by any means want to rain on your parade because it is your decision, but think twice about jumping in so soon

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
gotSVT said:
Here's some more advise. Never take financial advise from anyone that starts with "Dude". :waytogo:

Haha...forever more I am going to preface my advice with the word "dude"...that way I will never have to worry about anyone taking it.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dude I'm starting an investment firm. DEWEY CHEATEM n HOWE. Free financial advice to all my buds on FRF.

Have to give props to the car talk guys for that name!

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

Track your expenses & make at least a rough budget for a few months. In the meantime, put the payment amount in the bank. In a couple months, you'll have that much more for a downpayment (ie- that much less to finance). Keep in mind that all the negotiating and fantastic sales price can be easily destroyed by paying interest on finance charges.

Do this. If you are lazy like me, instead of doing that spreadsheet by yourself you can go to mint.com and it loads up your banking info into pretty charts. I just love how in the spending pie chart, gas $ is getting bigger and bigger ;)

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
33555.jpg