GEN 2 CAM Phasers (I Know)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALCON,
Aloha,Looking for a recommendation and possibly some more data. Solve searches the threads and the web.

My Gen2 2020 was manufactured in October of 2019….applicable to TSB 22-2200. I only got around to reading the TSB that was in my mail recently because I was deployed for a while but I still have 2 months on my factory 3year….so I have an appointment for the local dealer to diagnose. I don’t have incredibly noticeable cold start symptoms and no codes but I also don’t want it to be a problem later after the warranty expires.
Q1, would you recommend pushing the dealer to replace now and tell them it rattles in cold starts or should I ignore till it become noticeable?

Q2, should I restore the ECU to factory time before I drop it off for diagnosis?

Q3, can anyone relate their mileage at time of replacement to engine hours?
my mileage is low but weekday’s on the island are traffic heavy and a lot if idle time on occasion.

Engine Info:
Purchased March 2020 brand new
Current ODO 12,500
Run hours 650 (135 idle)
Routine oil(royal purple and K&N)
Routine filters/tires/ etc.
Stage 2 Cobb with FMIC and intake for 91+
Thanks in advance