Cam phaser replacement equals oil change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osteoblast

Reaction score
Simple question, when they replace the cam phasers do they have to do an oil change or is the system independent?

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they change the oil. Just spoke with the dealership and they said the oil will have to be changed. My truck is there for the cam phasers; going on three weeks.

SleekMagnetic

Reaction score
Yes, they change the oil. Just spoke with the dealership and they said the oil will have to be changed. My truck is there for the cam phasers; going on three weeks.

Are you tuned?

My phasers only act up at start up, then the truck runs normal (besides the terrible transmission shifting).

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple question, when they replace the cam phasers do they have to do an oil change or is the system independent?
My dealer tried to charge me for my oil change, after closing the engine . But after a short talk they said its part of it

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine in finally for cam phaser. (wait was for parts) in dealership now. how is it running now