Cam Phaser Recall - Service Horrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the only one. Mine has been in twice since June. All of June and July and half of august. “Fixed both times”. Just dropped it off for a third time. Ford has had it almost more than I have this year. Very disappointing. I love the truck but I almost don’t want it anymore. Almost.

And now they have to reprogram the pcm again. I don’t even know anymore.
If you've been in three times with no success, you are dealing with inept service dept. / technicians. Switch dealers, and make Ford corporate aware of the shortcomings by your current service dept. You will be doing everybody at that dealer a favor by making them either hire more qualified tech's or get their current tech's real assistance from Ford to get work done correctly.

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a 1970 or old with body pretty sound to order a Ford Performance crate motor to drop in. I want to get back to a truck I can work on. Been to a couple Mecum auctions that run a couple thru but the bidding was beyond what I would pay.

Brand new and YOU can work on it! Ready to RACE!

The next project!

Screenshot 2021-12-10 124400.png

mario t

Reaction score
I assume everyone is going through same process. Took truck in for recall - did the program did not fix it - when I picked the truck up it was running - drove it home - started it up later in day same rattle. Called the dealership and I quote “Yeah we heard that but we needed your permission to go to next level”. I said you never called me and just let me leave the dealership. Now it is back at shop and I called yesterday and they told me waiting on parts 2 weeks including new cam shaft and sprockets. Mine is under the 60k mile mark so all on Fords dime -

Am I the only one with poor service on this recall or are others experiencing the same?
I think technicians are just challenged by the repair. My experience was a nightmare. San Leandro Ford Store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc