Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieh313

Reaction score
I’ve been starting to hear the startup rattle more and more lately and I feel like a few times it’s been hesitating when accelerating. Haven’t had any CEL or anything super obvious happen. Anyone in SoCal go through the issue with a dealer/service department that has had a good experience? Just trying to figure out which particular Ford Dealer has had a lot of Raptors in with this issue and good about helping resolve it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
whats the actual cause? Why do some go and others not?

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read earlier, it is a lack of oil flow to the cam phasers. The guy here is developing a fix as he found insufficient flow of oil. His has his own modifications to improve oiling and is in the middle of testing.

jvo5319

Reaction score
I have a 2019 raptor built feb this year. Am I out of the woods on this cam phaser issue? I hear a slight ticking noise around the engine that goes away within 10-20 seconds after a cold start. Thank you!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I had all my cam phasers replaced this past December and the knocking just came back the last two weeks.

We should get a class action lawsuit together

I haven’t seen the problem (yet?) with 30+k miles on mine, but I would support a suit to get more attention from Ford. It happens way too often for a random failure.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 raptor built feb this year. Am I out of the woods on this cam phaser issue? I hear a slight ticking noise around the engine that goes away within 10-20 seconds after a cold start. Thank you!
Same here.

-Build date November 5, 2018
-7K miles
-First oil changed after 500 miles and then every 3K miles
-Mobil one oil used.
-no tuning. Everything stock besides exhaust system

Last edited:

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ticking noise is probably the direct injection. There is vids on here of the actual cam phaser noise

Status
Not open for further replies.