Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what your build date is?

They fixed the part some time in 18 (@FordTechOne), but I forgot the exact cutoff. They released a final repair and, I BELIEVE, apart from a coupe of bad ones, it's been resolved.
I think July but I'll have to check

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comments like that are ridiculous. This has nothing to do with being "American". American manufacturers make the best trucks in the world, period. GM, Ford, and RAM don't have near 100% of the commercial market by accident; companies buy fleets based on reliability and cost to operate. But that doesn't guarantee that any mass produced vehicle will be 100% issue free; that is why you have a warranty. The Tundra and Titan aren't even comparable; the Titan ranks lowest in quality, capability, and reliability while the Tundra is an out dated dinosaur with technology from the Bush era and a notoriety for severe frame rot and cam tower oil leaks. If you think that replacing phasers is an intrusive repair, you should see what it takes to re-seal cam towers on a 3UR; it's one step away from pulling the heads off. And yes, the 2020 models still have the same issue because Toyota does not believe in updating their ancient and flawed engineering. Even after the repair, they all eventually leak again. Let the unsubstantiated stigmas die off already.

What is a Chevy "shake" Silverado?
Look it up on you tube ! My comments aern't ridiculous they are my opinion based on my experience car companies will do anything to get you into a new vehicle then when there's something wrong with it they find every excuse in the book to not fix it !!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what your build date is?

They fixed the part some time in 18 (@FordTechOne), but I forgot the exact cutoff. They released a final repair and, I BELIEVE, apart from a coupe of bad ones, it's been resolved.

F-Series built 10-Jul-2018 and later and 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator built 8-Apr-2019 and later have the updated part numbers.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ummm, soo, ahhh......you're just not going to buy a truck then? Or you'll buy a Tundra that dates its R&D/tech & torquless wonder of a V8 back to Obama's first term? Still running on a bitch boy C channel steel "frame"? Ohhhh, no I get it, you'll be rocking a Titan XD right? 100k warranty baby! bahahhahahhahahhhahahhahhahahahhaha

I came from a '15 Sierra 6.2 & had the lifter issue, had some shakes, etc. - STILL - did EVERYTHING better/faster/harder/nicer than my '08 Tundra. If GM or Ford or Ram just kept refining & tweaking & widdling away @ the same design for 15-20 years w/ zero regard for keeping up w/ your peers in the industry, flushing MPG standards down the toilet, well yeah....they'd probably wind up w/ a near flawless vehicle, w/ a design so dated its almost not even in the same vehicle category any longer. Its not a 1/2 ton, its a 1/3 ton w/ the fuel economy of an HD gasser circa '88

its a F'n joke of a truck by today's standards. Period.
You got issues man !

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look it up on you tube ! My comments aern't ridiculous they are my opinion based on my experience car companies will do anything to get you into a new vehicle then when there's something wrong with it they find every excuse in the book to not fix it !!

Look what up on Youtube?

If you have a cam phaser noise, bring it to the dealer for repair. We're not talking an engine rebuild here; it's the equivalent to replacing a camshaft sprocket. The dealer's Parts & Service agreement with Ford requires that they perform the necessary repairs; it's not negotiable. There are no "excuses"; I'm not sure what you're referring to.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F-Series built 10-Jul-2018 and later and 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator built 8-Apr-2019 and later have the updated part numbers.
I'll check but I get that rattling or vibration in the morning when I start it !

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look what up on Youtube?

If you have a cam phaser noise, bring it to the dealer for repair. Their Parts & Service agreement with Ford requires that they perform the necessary repairs; it's not negotiable. There are no "excuses"; I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I just hate dealerships most I've dealt with have substandard employees and they don't respect your property! Look up Chevy shake !

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look what up on Youtube?

If you have a cam phaser noise, bring it to the dealer for repair. We're not talking an engine rebuild here; it's the equivalent to replacing a camshaft sprocket. The dealer's Parts & Service agreement with Ford requires that they perform the necessary repairs; it's not negotiable. There are no "excuses"; I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Chevy shake is a vibration issue with Silverado trucks there are some lawsuits finally about this but I had a real nice Silverado but they couldn't/ wouldn't/ didn't know how to fix so I sold it but lost quite a bit of money with all the extra things I did to the truck !

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just hate dealerships most I've dealt with have substandard employees and they don't respect your property! Look up Chevy shake !

I'm not arguing that there are a lot of substandard dealerships; it's a sad reality.

Ideally try and find one in/around your area that has good reviews and will take care of your truck. It's more work, but worth the effort.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is the service department removing the cab from the chassis to make the cam phaser repairs?

AE5526B4-7C10-4012-AA71-8F97A2408820.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.