Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2018 Raptor - Anyone have an issue with truck downshifting from 10th to about 5th running at 80 mph? Truck in the shop and they cannot get it to duplicate. Felt like the transmission was going to drop out of the bottom!
you are posting this in a section for a particular engine issue. I think it will get missed. Please consider posting this elsewhere.
Agree, start a new thread with this issue.

2019 scott

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but I was walking by a newer honda suv this morning when the owner fired it up. Made the infamous sound for a few seconds. The driver, none the wiser, just drove off like nothing was wrong. Poor bastard. :cool:
The thing is it will probably run forever like that and the owner doesn’t know any better and will never do anything about it. Back in 2002 I bought a brand new ford ranger with the infamous 4.0 sohc that was known for severe timing chain issues and failures. I noticed mine had a rattle on startup that would rattle on cold startups on occasion and it would do it almost every day for a week or so and then it would quit doing it for maybe a month or 2 and then do it again. I read online about it and after hearing about other people’s failures and going back and forth to the dealers getting them replaced and new tsb’s and such i was convinced my truck would never make it past 60,000 miles.... Well it just rolled 293,000 miles yesterday and is still doing pretty much the same thing it was since it was new.

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Eibach spring Deavers and Method wheels ready to get installed. Then all the sudden i get this lovely rattling sound.
:bs:

1st Video is the start up minor rattle but after the truck sounds fine.

2nd Video a little knocking/rattle but this only comes once the truck has been warmed up and driven and it does not go away. Putting the truck in park stepping on the gas i can hear the knocking/rattle speed up with the rpm going up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Just got my Eibach spring Deavers and Method wheels ready to get installed. Then all the sudden i get this lovely rattling sound.
:bs:

1st Video is the start up minor rattle but after the truck sounds fine.

2nd Video a little knocking/rattle but this only comes once the truck has been warmed up and driven and it does not go away. Putting the truck in park stepping on the gas i can hear the knocking/rattle speed up with the rpm going up.

Is your warranty up?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17706

Mine is a 2017 39K miles so i still have the 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain. Would that work ?

Yes, that will work! Cam phasers will fall under your powertrain warranty, so you still have 21k miles, or whatever remaining days/years that you have left from its original purchase date.

A page or two back from this one, the updated parts were stated for the cam phasers. So make sure your dealership uses such parts.

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Yes, that will work! Cam phasers will fall under your powertrain warranty, so you still have 21k miles, or whatever remaining days/years that you have left from its original purchase date.

A page or two back from this one, the updated parts were stated for the cam phasers. So make sure your dealership uses such parts.

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a dealer to go to around NYC, NJ area. Anyone that had this issue already.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here get their cam phasers fixed at Joe Myers or Mac Haik in Houston TX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir