GEN 2 Buzz noise feeling in steering wheel only when mooving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buzz noise probably in the engine compartiment. Only sometimes, and never when the car is stopped. It will go off before the car stops, maybe 10 km/h will stop the noise. Is not the tire, 100%. I know that sound and feeling. This is like a small compressor, small motor. The frequency of sound is not that high as suspension solenoid.
Is there any electrical pump, compressor? Maybe the abs pump? Is any vacuum pump for brake ? I can feel in steering also. I am not able to check properly because the car need to run. Mostly happening when i decelerate or i did not touch accelerator or brake. Maybe on higher speed is present but tere are many other noises and i cant hear. Is not loud but present.
35000 km on it and i have to find out myself, no ford dealer ,only europeans.

Many thanks for help

Fitzn8er

Reaction score
Check your settings for lane keep assist. Try turning it off and see if that changes anything.
Hey Rick - Thanks so much for mentioning to check the 'lane keep assist'. I have 190 miles on my '22 Gen 3 and I was having vibrations in both gas pedal and steering wheel. I was super p!ssed knowing I just paid $80k for a lemon, so much so that I was ready to call Carvana to get this beater off my hands. I read your post and completely forgot the truck had lane assist as an option. Figured I'd give it a shot so just went outside (it was on of course) so turned it off and took a drive. To my amazement, the vibrating stopped! Thanks for removing the put from my stomach.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Rick - Thanks so much for mentioning to check the 'lane keep assist'. I have 190 miles on my '22 Gen 3 and I was having vibrations in both gas pedal and steering wheel. I was super p!ssed knowing I just paid $80k for a lemon, so much so that I was ready to call Carvana to get this beater off my hands. I read your post and completely forgot the truck had lane assist as an option. Figured I'd give it a shot so just went outside (it was on of course) so turned it off and took a drive. To my amazement, the vibrating stopped! Thanks for removing the put from my stomach.
How much you been drinking? Just saying lane assistance should be going off constantly.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Lol! I was feeling the same. Turned it off and ha it was gone. No problem glad it worked out