Buying a Raptor in the US that was imported from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSlacker

Reaction score
I found a used 2022 Raptor with 700 miles at a Ford Dealer for $73k. It was imported from Canada earlier this year, and the dealer has had it for sale since May (they bought it at an auto auction). They originally were asking $86k for it, and even though the Carfax checks out on it, I have concerns about why such a drop in price and why it hasn't sold yet.

Anyone think my concerns are valid? Any differences between the ones delivered to US dealers vs Canadian dealers (I wouldn't think so)? What about warranty concerns?

Thanks

Brad

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Wow, sounds a bit sketchy. I would check the Canada history real hard.

Going off my foggy memory, it seems like the XM or GPS is going to off when going from one to the other. I know someone here has done it, hopefully they will chime in.

OP
OP
T

TheSlacker

Reaction score
Going off my foggy memory, it seems like the XM or GPS is going to off when going from one to the other. I know someone here has done it, hopefully they will chime in.
I think that should be ok. There shouldn't be any software differences between the two, but if there are a reflash might be all it would need.

Yep, it seems a bit sketchy to me too, but it is being sold by a Ford dealer, not a generic used car lot. Still...

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 37pp fro Canada. Everything functions as it should. No problems here. Been to the dealer for warranty work and no issues. No issues with buying an ESP warranty according for Flood ford or Zeigler.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No probs with nav or xm. Works no problem.

I would have it looked at by a mechanic. I don’t know if I trust Carfax.

The used and new market has slowed here bc of high interest rates. That could explain the price drop.

OP
OP
T

TheSlacker

Reaction score
Not sure when the last of the 2022 were made, but looks like it was sent to the original dealer late October 2022. Weirdly it changed hands 3 times in the span of 3 months. I'm guessing the dealer owner registered it for themselves, then turned around and sold it a month later (to an auto broker maybe?). Then it went to an auction. It's the exact color and options I want, price is good, just leery with the semi-sketchy history of it.
1703653634018.png

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure when the last of the 2022 were made, but looks like it was sent to the original dealer late October 2022. Weirdly it changed hands 3 times in the span of 3 months. I'm guessing the dealer owner registered it for themselves, then turned around and sold it a month later (to an auto broker maybe?). Then it went to an auction. It's the exact color and options I want, price is good, just leery with the semi-sketchy history of it.
View attachment 438226
I got a raptor from Canada. I was told that in Canada any time a dealer has possession of it carfax registers that as an owner. Carfax says my truck had 5 owners while auto check and vinaudit can/USA both say 1 previous owner. Mine went from dealer to original owner to dealer to importer to registering etc etc.