Was Ordering a 22, Found a 21 - Couple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muffinman1604

Reaction score
So I was going to get a 2022 Raptor ordered - I had found a couple of dealers with allocations charging 5k markup. But I just found a dealer with some 2021s that are going to get delivered soon (TM) also with a 5k markup. The truck they told me about that is coming in is everything I wanted for packages except for the carbon fiber package. And it is Leadfoot instead of Atlas blue. I initially also really liked Leadfoot, but it wasn't an option for 22 so I moved on and had settled on the blue. So I have a couple questions:

Do you think I can get them to lower the price/markup on the 21 due to it being last years model in a couple weeks? Or would it be better to try and get more out of a trade in 2020 F350 Lariat w/ Tremor package?

Did anything change with 21 to 22 swap besides how the packages are listed on the order/build sheet?

Would you get the 21 at this point? Or wait for a 22 order?

Thanks in advance!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they don't have the 21's in stock, there is no guarantee they will get them in the next couple of weeks, just be cautious about it, salesmen like to fib. If you can get it in writing for a lower price and at a certain date, then good. It is weird times right now.

OP
OP
M

muffinman1604

Reaction score
If they don't have the 21's in stock, there is no guarantee they will get them in the next couple of weeks, just be cautious about it, salesmen like to fib. If you can get it in writing for a lower price and at a certain date, then good. It is weird times right now.
Is that because Ford won't ship the 21's after a certain date? The salesman said that the 2021s could not be modified since they were already done being built. I'll push back and see if I can find out if they're in transit or what exactly the status is.
I think I am getting the markup down to 2k as well. The dealer is ~5 hours away so I haven't met in person yet, everything has been on the phone. Getting something in writing would probably be good like you said. The only other thing I can think of will be to make sure that they give me a similar/better trade-in value to what my local Ford dealer offered me.

Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some showing up at lots by me. very slowly. but most are spoken for. I actually looked at one that showed up not spoken for cus I have one ordered thru them and they gave me the option. unfortunately it was antimatter blue. not my choice of colors. waiting and searching continues
So I was going to get a 2022 Raptor ordered - I had found a couple of dealers with allocations charging 5k markup. But I just found a dealer with some 2021s that are going to get delivered soon (TM) also with a 5k markup. The truck they told me about that is coming in is everything I wanted for packages except for the carbon fiber package. And it is Leadfoot instead of Atlas blue. I initially also really liked Leadfoot, but it wasn't an option for 22 so I moved on and had settled on the blue. So I have a couple questions:

Do you think I can get them to lower the price/markup on the 21 due to it being last years model in a couple weeks? Or would it be better to try and get more out of a trade in 2020 F350 Lariat w/ Tremor package?

Did anything change with 21 to 22 swap besides how the packages are listed on the order/build sheet?

Would you get the 21 at this point? Or wait for a 22 order?

Thanks in advance!
to my knowledge nothing has changed except package arrangements. and color options. And most likely you won't get them to budge on markup. demand is demand. doesn't hurt to try.

OP
OP
M

muffinman1604

Reaction score
There are some showing up at lots by me. very slowly. but most are spoken for. I actually looked at one that showed up not spoken for cus I have one ordered thru them and they gave me the option. unfortunately it was antimatter blue. not my choice of colors. waiting and searching continues

to my knowledge nothing has changed except package arrangements. and color options. And most likely you won't get them to budge on markup. demand is demand. doesn't hurt to try.
Good to know. Thanks.
They did seem to budge on markup a bit for me. But yeah, I'm not expecting much. I called them out on being a new dealer and that they could earn a customer for life.. seemed to work. The salesman is going to talk to the GM and get back to me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that because Ford won't ship the 21's after a certain date? The salesman said that the 2021s could not be modified since they were already done being built. I'll push back and see if I can find out if they're in transit or what exactly the status is.
I think I am getting the markup down to 2k as well. The dealer is ~5 hours away so I haven't met in person yet, everything has been on the phone. Getting something in writing would probably be good like you said. The only other thing I can think of will be to make sure that they give me a similar/better trade-in value to what my local Ford dealer offered me.
It's more they are waiting on chips, fender flares, etc. There are a lot of people that have been waiting for months, that's why I say "take what the salesman says with a grain of salt".

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks.
They did seem to budge on markup a bit for me. But yeah, I'm not expecting much. I called them out on being a new dealer and that they could earn a customer for life.. seemed to work. The salesman is going to talk to the GM and get back to me.
the only reason I am getting msrp on the order is its not 37's. and I bought previous vehicles thru them and get all my accessories there and service. not to mention one of the companies I do work get their fleet vehicles thru them. helps a bunch.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
Read somewhere that there are some other minor changes, due to chip shortages; one being that climate control temperature is no longer displayed on the dials, but is back to being on the sync screen like the Gen 2.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leadfoot is worth a ton on its own :). Kidding but I had a gen 2 and now Gen 3 in that color. Maybe doesn't photo great in certain light but always looks good and deals with chips and scratches better than a metallic blue. No other differences in 2021 and 2022 trucks minus some really diminimus changes...

Mars911red

Reaction score
I have a 22 on order at MSRP that may never come in, but found a 21 with the same setup except it also had the beadlocks. I like the regular wheels since mine is rapid red and I think they look better with the red. I ended up paying $3,500 over so I would stop having to keep looking for one at MSRP and drive myself crazy. If my 22 comes in, then I may take it and trade this one in. It might be interesting if the market is still crazy and I try and turn in a 21 with miles for close to what the 22 will be at MSRP. I cross that bridge when it comes. I am supposed to pick it up the 21 week after the insulation stop sale is handled and I fly out to get it. The rivets took three days to get. (*&#($*&$ Another consideration on the 21 was that it has hopefully the little items that require all of the chips including blue cruise (which may be SOL on) will be on it, but I am figuring the 22's may end up with a few other items deleted until the chip situation comes around. I went for the 21 because it was here and had what I wanted.