Was Ordering a 22, Found a 21 - Couple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I just found a dealer with some 2021s that are going to get delivered soon (TM) also with a 5k markup.
Just be very careful...they say 5k markup but it's highly likely they might charge even more for markup. Just get everything in writing.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks.
They did seem to budge on markup a bit for me. But yeah, I'm not expecting much. I called them out on being a new dealer and that they could earn a customer for life.. seemed to work. The salesman is going to talk to the GM and get back to me.
Good luck! LFG is the best color for a Raptor imo…if I’m not mistaken there are actually a few features on 21’s not on 22’s due to chip shortages. I just paid 5k adm and feel like I caught a deal!! Resale rn is way above that! Hope it works out!

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leadfoot is worth a ton on its own :). Kidding but I had a gen 2 and now Gen 3 in that color. Maybe doesn't photo great in certain light but always looks good and deals with chips and scratches better than a metallic blue. No other differences in 2021 and 2022 trucks minus some really diminimus changes...

Attachments

• IMG_5757.MOV
    7.4 MB
OP
OP
M

muffinman1604

Reaction score
Just be very careful...they say 5k markup but it's highly likely they might charge even more for markup. Just get everything in writing.
Yep. Just as an update, I stuck with my 22 order and am still waiting for that. The dealer with the 21 I wanted was being kind of sketchy with giving me any info on delivery dates and they wanted a nonrefundable 5k deposit so I passed on that.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Just as an update, I stuck with my 22 order and am still waiting for that. The dealer with the 21 I wanted was being kind of sketchy with giving me any info on delivery dates and they wanted a nonrefundable 5k deposit so I passed on that.
That's sooo shady! I see you live in Austin and what dealer was that? I live near Cedar Park.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dallas is terrible market for Raptors! Dealers want 25k+ for 2021's....
Ya, Austin seems just as bad. I called on one yesterday and it was 30K ADM.
So I learned when I bought my Gen2 to cast a wide net and be willing to travel. My Gen2 came from Tucson!
I'm looking nationwide. Plane ticket and a road trip is aways on the table!

I'm not sweating the ADM as bad as some, I know my Gen2 will bring more than it should and that will offset some of it. Like 10K or so.... If I find one ON THE GROUND at 10K ADM, I can go have a conversation with my GEN2 bargaining chip. Or CARMAX it and get on a plane....

Happy to take any leads: AMB, White, Black, Leadfoot. Race Red and 37".

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, Austin seems just as bad. I called on one yesterday and it was 30K ADM.
So I learned when I bought my Gen2 to cast a wide net and be willing to travel. My Gen2 came from Tucson!
I'm looking nationwide. Plane ticket and a road trip is aways on the table!

I'm not sweating the ADM as bad as some, I know my Gen2 will bring more than it should and that will offset some of it. Like 10K or so.... If I find one ON THE GROUND at 10K ADM, I can go have a conversation with my GEN2 bargaining chip. Or CARMAX it and get on a plane....

Happy to take any leads: AMB, White, Black, Leadfoot. Race Red and 37".
Grapevine Ford has a rapid red for 25k adm and that truck has been sitting there for awhile now. Im sure they can negotiate the adm. I tired but they couldn't go down to 5k adm.