Buy Wrecked 2018 Raptor - Requesting Feedback

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by jmar311, Jun 11, 2018.

1. POOPonYOU

POOPonYOU Full Access Member

Let's say you get it for $60. That's still a terrible deal. You can buy a new one for under MSRP. Yeah, it'll be higher but you can at least show the new buyer the Car Facts.

jmar311 likes this.
  2. Raptorguy1

Raptorguy1 Full Access Member

It should show up on Carfax, but I don't know if that tells how severe the accident was.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

The fact that the previous owner traded it after repair kind of suggests the damage was more than a small dent and they were afraid of what the future held for it. Taking into consideration it's used and has been in an accident, even $60k would be a lot of money to risk. The dealer is already saying the don't know, so you'd have a hard time going after them in the event something happened. My sticker is $63,275 ordered exactly the way I want it.

jmar311 and POOPonYOU like this.
  3. zombiekiller

zombiekiller Full Access Member

carfax is the biggest pile of BS out there.

If the repair shop or insurance company dont report the damage/repair, it will come back clean.

In 2014, I traded in a 2011 F-150 that had been hit 5 times. I had the truck repaired at reputable shops and ford dealers.

Not one reported to carfax.

Guess what came back with a clean carfax? That 2011 f-150.

The only question the dealer will ask is whether the truck has ever had more than $2000 worth of collision repairs done to it. That's it.

Having a vehicle inspected by someone who knows how to spot body work is still the only way to be sure.

Aluminum bodywork is much much harder to work with than traditional steel panels. It becomes even more precarious when the aluminum body parts are structural.

HotLap, jmar311 and POOPonYOU like this.
  4. Five-O Donut Hole

Five-O Donut Hole FRF Addict

X2....

jmar311 likes this.
  5. Booth9999

Booth9999 Full Access Member

I was with you about halfway...

POOPonYOU and FullAuto like this.
  6. HotLap

HotLap Full Access Member

Ditto, I have met a guy who runs a "speed shop" and he gets people in all the time for "cash" repairs just so their VIN won't be linked with the repair...CarFax is OK but not the end all for sure...

7. POOPonYOU

POOPonYOU Full Access Member

Right but if the dealer knows that it was in an accident then it'll show up in the Car Fax. It'll be easier to sell a car with a clean record. Car Fax is BS but it's nice to be able to tell give the buyer piece of mind.