Buongiorno!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calexio

Reaction score
Hello,

New guy, originally from milan, Italy, living in USA for past 20 years on east coast, and now a San Frqncisco Bay Area resident. I have a sales job which requires me to travel about 25-30k miles per year all over Northern California. I ride road bikes (Ducati 749r and hypermotard in case there are other Duc fans on here), I also ride road bicycles and kiteboard. I'm considering selling my BMW 535xi wagon and purchasing a Raptor so when I'm on extended work trips through NorCal countryside I have a motorcycle, or bicycle or kites already with me.

I'm here to find out the following:
-is the raptor good on the highway (quiet, smooth, decent in twisties)?
-is the Raptor good for hauling a sportbike?... And can I put a shell over the bed so I have security for the bikes when it's parked in a hotel parking lot at night.
-does the Rqptor depreciate fast with high mileage, and if so, is it better to buy used.

I don't pay for gas, so mpg is not a concern.

Any advice is appreciated, GRAZIE!!!!

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes to all your questions. It is a super fantastic truck for what you want.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Welcome!

The Raptor is probably the best "road-trip machine" I've ever owned. We find ourselves looking for road trips to take because it's so nice to drive for long distances.

It should have no issue hauling a sport bike in the back other than length, but you should be able to fit it in diagonally possibly. I'd measure that to be sure. If you can fit the bike in there, putting a canopy on wouldn't be a problem I would think.

I say go for it. You're gonna love it. They hold their value as good as pretty much anything out there, but you might be able to find a used one for a bit cheaper. Just make sure to check it over REALLY well.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20280748.jpg

Last edited:

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I would say yes to definitely loving the truck for long trips. Like Aaron said you start to look forward to long driving trips with this truck. Good luck in whatever you decide to do, but I have to say the experience of owning a Raptor is something special. Enjoy!