GEN 2 Bumper ends fog / spot lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speedracer800

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for cube style lights mounted in the opening at the end of the front bumper? Doesn't necessarily have to be a "kit".

I was leaning towards the "Nfab" bracket but the lights I'm struggling with as I don't really want to pay $150-$200 per light (times 6!).

Anyone have any luck with the Rough Country kit perhaps? I don't need serious off road lighting capability but at the same time I don't want garbage either. I've seen lots of hid and led type lights like this out there but so hard to know what is decent and what is just overpriced.

Hoping someone else here has already done this homework..? ;)

Thanks for taking a look at my post.. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you don’t want to spend the $$$ but I went with a kit from @FordRaptorLights.com which has by far the most factory/cleanest look out of any of the setups I’ve seen. Customer service is also top notch as just this weekend I had one of the KC lights go dim on me and all it took was a private message to get the warranty replacement process started.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you don’t want to spend the $$$ but I went with a kit from @FordRaptorLights.com which has by far the most factory/cleanest look out of any of the setups I’ve seen. Customer service is also top notch as just this weekend I had one of the KC lights go dim on me and all it took was a private message to get the warranty replacement process started.

This is the only answer in my opinion. I have had 3 of his setups on my trucks and been happy with all. The customer service is top notch!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jake reported in the 2019 thread that Ford Performance was releasing a foglight kit for the Raptor. Haven't seen that referenced anywhere else, but he got the 2019 stuff right before it was public, so he seems to have a source. No idea on the release date or pricing. Also worth noting that we are still waiting on the Ford Performance factory tune too. But that could be held up for 50 state emission compliance and/or reliability and warranty reasons. Anyway, not sure I would wait for FP lights.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for cube style lights mounted in the opening at the end of the front bumper? Doesn't necessarily have to be a "kit".

I was leaning towards the "Nfab" bracket but the lights I'm struggling with as I don't really want to pay $150-$200 per light (times 6!).

Anyone have any luck with the Rough Country kit perhaps? I don't need serious off road lighting capability but at the same time I don't want garbage either. I've seen lots of hid and led type lights like this out there but so hard to know what is decent and what is just overpriced.

Hoping someone else here has already done this homework..? ;)

Thanks for taking a look at my post.. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.

If you’re going to pinch pennies, make the doggone brackets yourself out of angle aluminum, you can buy at a hardware store for $10.00. maybe $15 if you get thicker AL. measure, cut, test mount, dismount.

shop for lights.

here’s the thing - you don’t have to buy all 6 at once.

read that again.

Now, with your new found appreciation for sting^^ frugality, settle upon a pair of decent wide angle drivers. They’ll be the best bang for the buck, and are more usable on road as “fog lights”.

I had the angle aluminum just laying around from another project that I’m sure turned into a goat wrangle. Still, I made the mounts for nothing but time.

Test mount where you want them to be on your brackets, measure, mark, measure again, and blame @jaz13 when you mount them and they look goofy. :biggrin:

wire up and enjoy.

continue pinching pennies to save for the next pair. Heck, you could even wire up for high wattage lights, and mount cheap amazon sourced lights until you get more money to better outfit your truck.

You get what you pay for in lights, but this is not the 80’s when Tone was down with the Ladies; it’s 2018 and LED tech has trickled down to inexpensive lights. heck, I have cheap, amazon sourced LED head in a surefire 6p that’s brighter than the headlights on pretty much any car around.

talk to our lighting supporting vendors, they’ll help you out.

image98

Reaction score
LED and mounting kits

I recommend checking out kits made by Zroadz as they offer a number of different lighting and mounting options. However, I used a baja design mounting kit for the 6 front pods. I went with the Zroadz curved 40" light bar up front. I installed two pods and two 6" lights under my rear bumper. The Zroadz brackets are powder coated. More details on my build thread.

https://www.zroadz.com/products/fitment/2017-Ford-F-150%20Raptor-any

IMG_4856hd.jpg

IMG_4810hd.jpg

IMG_4860hd.jpg

IMG_5250hd.jpg

IMG_5226hd.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We'd be happy to help get you setup!

The biggest thing is to first figure out which style you like: do you want to go with the open setup that was posted earlier or would you like to go with the enclosed Ford Raptor Lights setup that uses shrouds for a more finished look. (We're an authorized dealer for FRL, too.)

Once we determine which style fog light you'd like to go with, then we can figure out which lights to use. We've got more reasonable options like the Rigid Radiance or KC C-Series cubes up to top tier options like the Baja Designs Pro and Racer Edition lights.

Whichever route you'd like to go, we'd be happy to offer you some information and pricing to fit your needs and your budget!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump on the FRL. Best product that I've added to my truck. 4 Rigid Radiance and 2 KC highlights, look great in those openings

griskait

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Second that: cleanest look and excellent CC

Attachments

• 20180617_123634 (1).jpg
    20180617_123634 (1).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: