Builtright rear seat release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here.

I’ve found that by pushing the sliding latch part (connected to the cab) down about 1/4” before pushing the seat back, it will latch.

I think it’s being raised slightly when the seat is folded down.

Perhaps that piece needs a little “break-in” or lube and it will take care of itself?

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the BuiltRight latch on my Gen2 SCAB and it works great! Good luck getting the seat down without it!

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive also had issues with it, always have to move it to get to the perfect position so the back clicks in. Often don’t get it the first try. Zip tie sounds like a great alternative though.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which seat are you guys referring to?
The right and left seat do not operate the same.

There is a sequence to the left rear seat...

Last edited:

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive also had issues with it, always have to move it to get to the perfect position so the back clicks in. Often don’t get it the first try. Zip tie sounds like a great alternative though.
I found that if the Build Right cover is too tight to the extender, it'll get hung up a bit and not allow the latch to reengage easily. I simply adjusted it over a bit and tightened it and it works great.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that if the Build Right cover is too tight to the extender, it'll get hung up a bit and not allow the latch to reengage easily. I simply adjusted it over a bit and tightened it and it works great.
I’ll have to give that a try